Dear Leupold

std7mag

Dear Leupold,

I've been looking through the VX Freedom 4-12X40. I like the light weight, and the optics are very clear! I'm really wanting one for my "new" Ruger 77 MKII in 280 Rem.
If i like it well enough i may get a second one for my 7mm Rem Mag, and sell the Vortex Diamondback that i'm not that crazy about.

Just a couple of questions.
On the Tri-moa reticle, why is there only 10 moa of lines, where as the rimfire scope has 20?

Is there exposed moa turrets for the Freedom line?

So i had contacted Luepold with this. At 7:30ish PM EST.
I had a reply back showing on my phone at 4:45 AM EST. It's when my alarm goes off.
Great customer service!

Reply was that it was felt 10 moa was adequate for center fire rifles. More lines in reticle of rimfire scope because they drop like a rock.
There are no current plans to do CDS turrets for the Freedom line at this time.
Here is the opportunity to make your voices heard.

I have lower end (ok closer to middle) Sightron's that track quite well. I would expect the same from Leupold.
Plus i'm not using it for 1000 yard F Class competitions, going on a hunting rifle.

The only reason i like MOA turrets is because i shoot different bullet weights with obvious different BCs.
Planning on putting it on a 280 Rem. Will shoot everything from 120gr "varmint" bullet to 168gr Berger VLD.
Mostly planning in the 140-150gr area.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back