WY Grizz

guess I should have been paying more attention! good to know tho. I can't see the hunting going very far with just 1 sow restriction.

I agree. With only 10 days to hunt it would be easy to rush into shooting an animal that wasn't male.

Also very interesting to see that happens on the residency requirements. Antis sometimes miss details like that.

You also need to be declaring WY as your primary residence for other purposes, tax, business, primary residence ect. You can't just have a seasonal home in WY and get a resident tag even if you spend 181 days here.

We'll see what happens though.

Troy Downing learned that one the hard way. Would be pretty funny if a bunch of people got fined for various license violations.

For Years, we have told the Non hunting public we as hunters funded wildlife management because of tag fees and Pittman Robertson excise taxes. Well now the non and anti hunting activists are doing that by buying tags and licenses. Ok.......Now what?

Folks, our bet has been called. Are we gonna raise them?

You also need to be declaring WY as your primary residence for other purposes, tax, business, primary residence ect. You can't just have a seasonal home in WY and get a resident tag even if you spend 181 days here.

We'll see what happens though.

We'll have to ask Liz Cheney how she managed to claim residency, then get pinched for buying a resident fishing license when she wasn't a legal resident.

Seriously... how long until someone harvests a sow? Two bears into the hunt? Three? Maybe four? I can’t see it lasting very long. All this stuff about shooting them with cameras isn’t gonna matter. The hunt will close rather quickly, I’m guessing. It’s just too rare of an opportunity and bears aren’t exactly the easiest things to judge. I’m thinking it’ll be easy for a hunter to be like, “Uhh. I dunno.” (Shrug) BANG! It’s gonna be really hard to convince the lucky recipient of a once-in-many-lifetimes tag not to do something that’s perfectly legal. I’d be surprised if hunter #5 gets to use the tag.

Last edited:
For Years, we have told the Non hunting public we as hunters funded wildlife management because of tag fees and Pittman Robertson excise taxes. Well now the non and anti hunting activists are doing that by buying tags and licenses. Ok.......Now what?

A few tag applications isn’t paying the freight like hunters who buy millions of tags per year.

for years, we have told the non hunting public we as hunters funded wildlife management because of tag fees and pittman robertson excise taxes. Well now the non and anti hunting activists are doing that by buying tags and licenses. Ok.......now what?

lol

Make the season longer, or go strictly off of quota. This isn’t the end of the world, and Rome wasn’t built in a day. Pretty tough to mandate folks needing to be hunters to apply as you can get a hunter ed card pretty easily.

They were already talking about making hunters being InReaches. They could let more in the field and close the season same day if a sow was killed and send the notice over inreach

Anti hunters have been applying for tags in Alaska for a while now because if they draw the tag they don't have to pay for it if they don't actually hunt. So they just have to buy a hunting license and pay the $5 application fee. It seems to be catching more steam with this griz hunt though. I see them talking about getting more and more people to apply in the future. If they care for animals so much why don't they apply for elk, deer, and antelope tags? Oh wait, they only care about carnivores.

If they care for animals so much why don't they apply for elk, deer, and antelope tags? Oh wait, they only care about carnivores.
They don't care about the animals. They don't care about facts, stats, ecology or data. These same people virtue signal on Facebook about the environment while heliskiing in New Zealand. They're hypocrites.
They care about demonizing the Trump administration, conservative voters, republicans and what they care about most is highly publicized virtue signaling. If the delisting happened under the previous administration they would have paid no attention to it.
You can bet if a grizzly killed their dog or interrupted their day in any way they would want them culled.

Back