WY Grizz

I could easily find a way to spend 40k on a trip to photograph them. Hell I may even have to have BHA hired as a consultant for me to traverse the wilderness for my 10 days. That might cost 34k but it will ensure I don’t get lost in the wilderness as a unfamiliar NR.

I’m confused why the quota for region 1 (where the majority of applicants applied) was 0?

They put people on a list, first on the list hunts for 10 days, then the next. So on and so forth until 10 bears are killed, one sow is killed or the season ends. The other region is for the 12 tags available outside the DMA

In a weird twist of fate, if the environmentalists want to save grizzlies, the best thing they could do is convince tag #1 to shoot a sow. What a weird hunt this is going to be. Can't wait to spectate.

They put people on a list, first on the list hunts for 10 days, then the next. So on and so forth until 10 bears are killed, one sow is killed or the season ends. The other region is for the 12 tags available outside the DMA

I was confused by this too. So the region 1 is the numbered list whereby hunters get 10 days until the quota is filled, and region 7 is just a straight up tag?

I was confused by this too. So the region 1 is the numbered list whereby hunters get 10 days until the quota is filled, and region 7 is just a straight up tag?

Essentially yes. There's 3 ways the region 1 hunt closes. 1 sow is killed, 10 total bears are taken, or the season ends. It's unlikely, but possible, for person 11 or 12 on the list to get a bear. If hunters fill their tags quickly, and the photographer (#8 on the list) doesn't take a bear. But the season is only 60 days long so the successful hunters will have to quickly get a bear.

Supposedly a notable number of non hunters who applied for tags did so as residents when they only part time live in Jackson. I'm curious how seriously G&F looks in to that.

Supposedly a notable number of non hunters who applied for tags did so as residents when they only part time live in Jackson. I'm curious how seriously G&F looks in to that.

Hopefully just as seriously as a NR applying for any other LE tag! I'm confident the G&F will keep it legit..

so did they end up changing the rules? I'm seeing you guys say 1 sow and 10 tags. I thought it was 12 tags and no more than 2 sows? if its 1 sow then I'd be shocked if mangelson ever gets to pick up his tag.

It's 12 tags outside the DMA and all 12 can be hunting at once. Inside the DMA it's 10 tags, only 1 sow. 1 person hunting at a time max 10 days per hunter

so did they end up changing the rules? I'm seeing you guys say 1 sow and 10 tags. I thought it was 12 tags and no more than 2 sows? if its 1 sow then I'd be shocked if mangelson ever gets to pick up his tag.

It was originally 2 sows in the DMA, but that was reduced to 1 earlier this year.

You also need to be declaring WY as your primary residence for other purposes, tax, business, primary residence ect. You can't just have a seasonal home in WY and get a resident tag even if you spend 181 days here.

We'll see what happens though.

Back