Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Aluminum Hang-On Tree Stand Recommendations

I know you said no Lone wolf, so I figured I'd throw in my opinion on sticks. I use the Hawk Helium sticks with the rope mod. They are light, pack pretty small, and with the rope mod they are pretty quiet.

I run the Lone Wolf Assault for my hang and hunts. Although, I just pulled the trigger on a Mantis "tree saddle" from Tethrd. They haven't released em yet, but I will use it with the sticks also.

I know you said no Lone wolf, so I figured I'd throw in my opinion on sticks. I use the Hawk Helium sticks with the rope mod. They are light, pack pretty small, and with the rope mod they are pretty quiet.

I run the Lone Wolf Assault for my hang and hunts. Although, I just pulled the trigger on a Mantis "tree saddle" from Tethrd. They haven't released em yet, but I will use it with the sticks also.

I ended up going with the XOP Vanish (Seems to be basically the exact same as Lone Wolf Assault but for $100 cheaper) and the Hawk Helium sticks. It all ended up being about $250, which is a lot more than I was thinking of spending, but I feel as though I'll appreciate the light weight and the higher quality.

Anyone have any tips for hang and hunts? I'll only own one stand and it'll be going in and coming out on my back.

I highly recommend reading Warren Womack's stuff. May have to browse for it, but he goes into detail on his hanging set ups. He is also a one stand hunter that brings it in and out everytime in the woods. When successful a deer comes out as well. Also check out his YouTube channel. Mr. Warren is a class act and should be be able to answer questions you have related to his setups.
http://www.outdoorcore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9190&sid=b1bfb9fbffcd8c49c24ca71748be0921
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A99ur1hQdq0

I highly recommend reading Warren Womack's stuff. May have to browse for it, but he goes into detail on his hanging set ups. He is also a one stand hunter that brings it in and out everytime in the woods. When successful a deer comes out as well. Also check out his YouTube channel. Mr. Warren is a class act and should be be able to answer questions you have related to his setups.
http://www.outdoorcore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9190&sid=b1bfb9fbffcd8c49c24ca71748be0921
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A99ur1hQdq0

I love this guy's stuff! I'll continue to dig in. Appreciated.

Just thought I'd follow up on this post from a while back. I ended up with the XOP Vanish hang on and the Hawk Helium climbing sticks. They're a pretty sweet package. I love how easy the aluminum stand is to maneuver around up in the tree and get attached since it weighs so little. It's also rock solid once attached. I'm a big guy and even standing on the very end it doesn't budge. Not a squeak either.

I haven't left it in a tree for more than one night because I like the fact that I can be mobile, so I'm not sure how well it would hold up to being attached to a tree for months or years at at time, but I would imagine it would do just fine. Especially since aluminum doesn't rust.

The stand is adequately comfortable for long sits. The seat is pretty darn good, but it does fold up so if your hind end goes numb you can give it a rest by standing. And like I said earlier, standing is no issue because the thing is completely silent. No squeaks at the last minute.

The Hawk sticks are great as well. I bought the 3 pack and may end up buying one more eventually, but they are a quality stick. The pieces that go against the tree bark stick and don't move once you put a bit of weight on them. The straps work well enough and I don't foresee myself switching them out for any other method. The steps are incredibly grippy on your feet and even dig into your hands on your way up the tree. Again, I'm a large guy and had no problems with stability. I also like that there's a step on both sides of the stick. I hate heights, so having the extra option of putting my feet on either side is a positive.

If anyone's looking for a relatively light weight setup, this stand and stick combo comes in at right around 20 lbs, costs around $250-$300, and I believe provides a great value for a high quality setup.

Stand.jpg

Looks like a nice setup. Good choice and good luck!

I just got the same setup, but the new version of the sticks (with the versa button) and the vanish evolution stand. I really like it so far, I did replace the straps on the sticks with a rope mod, mainly so I could go around a little bigger tree. I made the ropes 9' long and used 8mm static climbing rope.

Attachments

• 20190921_143705.jpg
    20190921_143705.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 20190921_143748.jpg
    20190921_143748.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member