Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Chains & spare tires

Husker hunter

I'll be antelope hunting in mid September in Fremont county wy. Should I buy tire chains? How often would a guy need them that early in the season? Also I have 1 full size 10 play spare, how many people have 2 spares & have you had to use both?

Thanks in advance

I’d buy a set of chains just in case. Not sure what their gumbo situation is there but any little rain on gumbo and it turns into a rodeo. It’s $100 insurance

I'll be antelope hunting in mid September in Fremont county wy. Should I buy tire chains? How often would a guy need them that early in the season? Also I have 1 full size 10 play spare, how many people have 2 spares & have you had to use both?

Thanks in advance

Unless you have other uses for them, I'd look into maybe renting them with the option to return them if you don't use them or buy them if you do. This year when looking for new tires, I opted for 8 ply as an extra measure of protection against possible punctures when gong off road while hunting in WY. I figure why take chances. I've had people tell me that they got their front wheel wells so muddied up that they couldn't turn. Never really had much in the way of weather issues out there in early October.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back