Wyoming tattoo!

antelopedundee

More than once I've fired at an antelope from an awkward prone position with the immediate result being one of those annoying cuts on the eyebrow. One year I told a warden who caught me at a convenience store in town that it was actually a birthmark that got more prominent and visible during hunting season. Other similar stories?

Have never had that happen in all my years shooting and hunting. After saying that it will probably happen this year, LOL!

I have never shot a pronghorn but I have been scoped twice that I can remember. Both times I was prone and shooting up a steep hill. Got the deer both times but I also got my self.

My buddy's dad calls it an idiot mark. I got mine shooting my buddy's slug gun. We were doing some shooting to help get him sighted in for Illinois deer season. Well for whatever reason, his scope sat at an angle that was hard for me to get a sight picture in. Could be that I sit on the wrong side of the gun from him, or it could just be bad form on my part. Well when I finally had a good sight picture, the stock of the shotgun was low on my shoulder and it slid under on the shot. I busted my sunglasses and now have a nice little scar on my forehead. I missed low about 3 inches if I recall from the results.

Like mtmuley, I shoot an unbraked 300 RUM without problem. I did wind up with a crescent shaped cut when shooting an elk with a scoped 50 cal T/C Encore the one year Idaho changed its muzzleloader only hunt to a short range weapon hunt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back