Leupold Vx-6hd

cj1026

I’m looking for a new scope for my 300 wsm for some long range hunting.
Been looking at the Vx-6hd 3-18x44 with Tmoa reticle. Does anyone have any experience with the scope or the reticle?

I have the VX6 3-18 and I'm happy with the scope, I like the ZL2 turrets and the glass quality. The only downside is the price, but if you're a buy-once cry-once guy then I'd say you'll be happy with the scope. Reticles are really a matter of personal opinion, but I like the TMOA.

Ask Big Fin, it's what i've seen him hunting with on his videos.

I'm seriously looking at the 4-12X40 tri-moa VX Freedom for my "new" Ruger77 MKII in 280 Rem.

I looked very long and hard at the vx-6hd for my new 300 win mag, but could justify the price. I currently own a vx-5hd 3-15x44 with the firedot and love it, but ended up getting a pst gen ii 5-25. I opted for the second focal plane reticle in moa and currently have zero regrets. I have not put either of the scopes to a real test in low light, but at the range I am very pleased with both.

I have the non-hd VX-6 with the TMOA reticle. I also have a couple of scopes with the similar but mil based TMR. I like that type of reticle for hunting but I think I could shoot better groups without the open center. There is probably a learning curve with them and I just need more practice.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back