Family Backpacking with Llamas

blackdawg

I am going to take a little backpacking trip next week with the family. I might as well be filming a movie as much gear as the kid's can't carry. I watched all the Youtube videos Big Fin posted about hunting with Llamas and decided to give them a test run. This will be a good test of my pack animal packing capabilities before for hunting season. I am going to try buying into what Big Fin is preaching about the Llamas keeping me going longer. I have been leaning heavily towards buying horses and my Cowboy friends in Wyoming have spoken poorly about their Llama experiences. I have a couple of horse packing trips to compare this to, so it will be interesting seeing the differences in the animals.This trip may sway me one way or the other on which stock would fit me. Wish me luck and I will try to get a report on this Llama packing experience in those big hills of Wyoming when I return.

I am going to take a little backpacking trip next week with the family. I might as well be filming a movie as much gear as the kid's can't carry. I watched all the Youtube videos Big Fin posted about hunting with Llamas and decided to give them a test run. This will be a good test of my pack animal packing capabilities before for hunting season. I am going to try buying into what Big Fin is preaching about the Llamas keeping me going longer. I have been leaning heavily towards buying horses and my Cowboy friends in Wyoming have spoken poorly about their Llama experiences. I have a couple of horse packing trips to compare this to, so it will be interesting seeing the differences in the animals.This trip may sway me one way or the other on which stock would fit me. Wish me luck and I will try to get a report on this Llama packing experience in those big hills of Wyoming when I return.

Looking forward to the report out - have a great trip!

Returned, my report would echo the sentiments that Big Fin communicated in his videos. Big Fin was very accurate in his assessments in the Youtube videos! Thanks to Big Fin for sharing all the information,tips and tricks that he comes across, even old dogs can pick up a few new tricks. Back to putting out fires that occurred during the trip.

Returned, my report would echo the sentiments that Big Fin communicated in his videos. Big Fin was very accurate in his assessments in the Youtube videos! Thanks to Big Fin for sharing all the information,tips and tricks that he comes across, even old dogs can pick up a few new tricks. Back to putting out fires that occurred during the trip.

Sooooo . . . . . buying horses or llamas?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back