Tire Chains

CiK

Not sure if this is "fireside" worthy, but I am in need of tire chains for a tire size of 285/75r16. Is there a certain brand of tire chains to look for?

Tony

I use the v bar style . Can't think of the name of them . I run them on the Front and Back on my 2006 Chevy 3500 when it gets real bad out . They are amazing !!
Must have when hunting in the late fall in the Mountains!

I have 285 16 on my rig !

I'm looking for a pair of chains as well and am in the process of learning about all the different types. I believe I'm going to get a set of V-bars as well with cam tighteners. They seem pretty easy to get on and off.

https://www.etrailer.com//

This site might help you find what type and size you need, OP. Make sure you check your trucks owners manual. I found that on my 1500, I can only use chains on the rear tires.

Good luck!

Phill

Last edited:
I got a pair from tirechains.com. If you are interested I may have a pair that I don't need anymore as I bought a truck with different size tires. I can check to see if they fit tonight. I don't know exactly where you are located but it's probably within driving distance of me.

I don't have the V bar type but they look like they would work well. I have conventional chains and have not had a problem with them and I've been able to get out of some interesting places. I've bought chains from Tirechains.com and some of our walmarts here carry them for around $80 per set.

I got a pair from tirechains.com. If you are interested I may have a pair that I don't need anymore as I bought a truck with different size tires. I can check to see if they fit tonight. I don't know exactly where you are located but it's probably within driving distance of me.

Tire size is 285/75/16. Let me know. I am near the Brookville area outside Cincinnati.

Don't use bands sent with chains.Use bunji cords "X"style.Lock and load all !! 4X4!!Gettr'done!:cool:

I've used the v bar style on trucks and ATV's. As long as your not high centered, great bite! Carry extra bungee's

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back