Favorite Pronghorn round ?

I expect that they've been shot at with anything and everything. One year a doe I got had shotgun pellets under her hide. Also saw a guy shoot a dink buck pretty much in the rancher's yard with an old .45-70 with 400 grain cast bullets. Went down fast but didn't die. The bullet ricocheted off the ground on the other side. His hunt was over before it started.

TG:

Where are you finding Hornady Interbond bullets? I have searched sporting goods stores in four states and have only seen one box (.338 dia. 225 gr) on the shelves. I ask the gun dept. folks and they have no idea when they may get some in and some have no idea what I am talking about.

I have a partial box of .284 dia in 154 gr. (that I got about 10 years ago), but I am looking for .284 dia in 139 gr.

Do you have a good source?

ClearCreek

Grafs in Missouri has them, but no 139s. You might call and ask if they expect to get more.

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/category/categoryId/920?

Does Hornady have a retail outlet?

I agree on the explosive qualities of the SST's they perform like the EARLY Nosler BT's. They seem to blow up on contact with little penetration. I quit using the ones I had for hunting and shot them up at the range. The ones I used were .30 caliber in a 30.06. I've killed most of my antelope with my old 30.06. But after neck surgery, I switched to a Remington 660 in .243 and Barnes TTSX and Nosler Partition bullets.

After reading some comments about the SSTs, I'm going to reconsider my decision to use them. Would the interbonds be any better [or worse] for lopes than the interlocks?

After reading some comments about the SSTs, I'm going to reconsider my decision to use them. Would the interbonds be any better [or worse] for lopes than the interlocks?

Interlocks are all you need. The Interbond is designed for bigger stuff like elk and moose so it will punch deep before full expansion.

Last edited:
My favorite is my .270 Weatherby Mag in a custom Mark V action, McMn stock, Douglas 26 inch match barrel firing 140gr Failsafe bullets pushed at 3300fps by 79 gr of RL25. It's worked perfectly on two Montana lopes , one AZ lope, five sheep, one Barren Ground cariboo, several mule and whitetail, and lotsa yotes. GJ

Last edited:
Custom 700 in 6.5 Creed for me. It’s hat I use for pretty much everything.

I want to build a 22 Creedmoor in the near future. I think it would be a lazer on goats with the heavier offerings.

It's educational to hang around game processors, chat with the help/owner and find out what to use and what not to use. See what's brought in shot to pieces.

TG:

Where are you finding Hornady Interbond bullets? I have searched sporting goods stores in four states and have only seen one box (.338 dia. 225 gr) on the shelves. I ask the gun dept. folks and they have no idea when they may get some in and some have no idea what I am talking about.

I have a partial box of .284 dia in 154 gr. (that I got about 10 years ago), but I am looking for .284 dia in 139 gr.

Do you have a good source?

ClearCreek

You might call Hornady and ask if they would tell you where they last shipped some to.

You might call Hornady and ask if they would tell you where they last shipped some to.

I seriously doubt they he could talk with anyone from the company that could or would tell him that, especially since they probably aren't even making that particular bullet any more.

I used to shoot the interbonds in my Creedmoor. Their availability in stores has come in spurts the last couple years (for superformance loaded ammo in the Creedmoor cartridge at least). I believe they paused the interbond production for a year or so when they were ramping up their ELD line. They then started producing interbonds again once they'd made a glut of ELD.

Could be they quit making the 7mm interbond for good. Beats me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back