Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Down for the count?

Montanaborn

The doc says I may be down for the count this year. I had ligament /tendon repair on my right ankle last week. It looks like my brother idnative did the stitches on it. No weight bearing for two more weeks. Physical therapy will start around October 1st.

Attachments

• DC12BBAD-9201-4F91-9E28-E70FE3030920.jpg
    DC12BBAD-9201-4F91-9E28-E70FE3030920.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 562
How did you tear the tissues? Hope it heals up well. Perhaps you'll be able to hobble around during the late season.

Hey brother, kiss my ...! Even doctor John Cushman could do that good!

In all seriousness, this sucks pond scum for us. Our one chance to get out and away for a week. I am as sick about it as you are.

How did you tear the tissues? Hope it heals up well. Perhaps you'll be able to hobble around during the late season.

Sprained it last of February and it just never got better. Went to Direct Orthopedic and they said tendinitis and put me in a boot to no avail. MRI revealed detached ligament and vertical tear in one of the peroneal tendons.

Argh! Good luck with that. Even the greats have to sit out a season now and then but I hope you can figure some alternate tactics that get you in the field.

Dude...with that sandal you're wearing you're in no position to give anyone any crap. :cool: At least upgrade to camo crocs, dude. :W: I'm not doctor, but I was a medic in the Navy and Army and have been a civilian nurse and EMT. I'd say quit your whining and rub some dirt on it and get back to work and stop being a sissy. Foot powder, motrin, and drink water and you'll be fine, dude.

But, in all seriousness...suckage, dude :mad:

I had a peroneal split 5 cm long on my right foot due to favoring the side of my foot while battling plantar faciitis. I was lucky in that it was just a split in the tendon and not a complete detachment/tear. I opted for platelet rich plasma injection (kinda like stem cell) even though stupid insurance didn't pay for it and I had to pick up the tab with it being experimental. The other option was a big nasty scar like that and about double the recovery time that I had with the plasma injection. Get healed up soon, and listen to the therapist with the exercises they give you.

I had a peroneal split 5 cm long on my right foot due to favoring the side of my foot while battling plantar faciitis. I was lucky in that it was just a split in the tendon and not a complete detachment/tear. I opted for platelet rich plasma injection (kinda like stem cell) even though stupid insurance didn't pay for it and I had to pick up the tab with it being experimental. The other option was a big nasty scar like that and about double the recovery time that I had with the plasma injection. Get healed up soon, and listen to the therapist with the exercises they give you.

That was my issue and exactly the tear I had and the plasma injections was one of the options. I opted for rerouting the peroneus longus to take over for the torn brevis.

I had the exact same injury and surgery last year with the added bonus of a crack in the joint. I had surgery mid April 2017 and was probably 90% by august. Take it easy and dont' try to do too much too fast

I broke my foot in mid-August 2016.
I did a lot of rimfire therapy. I shot thousands of dot drills every week until it got too cold to shoot and too much snow to crutch out targets to 25 & 50yds.
Good Luck! Heal up quick!

Oh my!!! My foot is hurting just looking at that thing. Hopefully you can wrap it and get out some trucking poles or something.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back