Hunt Talk Buy/Sell/Trade Facebook group?

Beartooth83

Any thoughts on a possible "Hunt Talk buy/sell/trade" group on Facebook for the sole purpose of buying/selling/trading gear with other Hunt-Talkers? I post to and browse the classified section on the forum from time to time, but it gets a bit cumbersome messaging back and forth efficiently. I think it would be a good way for people buy, sell, or trade gear more effectively.

In addition there would be fewer eyeballs browsing the ads since not everyone, including myself, has facebook. I'd say post it up here or Rokslide and it will probably sell sooner than later. Unless you are trying to sell a Vanguard spotting scope haha

Facebook has some crazy rules. I'm in a reloading group that got pretty much shut down and we all went to a backup group for it. Hell, you can't even list a bow for sale anymore in the thread. You have to put the price and specs in a comment. I'd be worried about non HT members finding out about the group and wanting to jump in. I think tht if people have a fair price on here then stuff gets sold pretty well.

I got a temp ban on FB for asking if anyone had a specific bullet for sale, they flagged it as ammunition. I posted a gun picture and they flagged it as a violent picture, it was a gun sitting on a bi pod in the grass.

I buy/sell a bunch of hunting fishing gear through FB. You are right about the gun/ammo scares though.

I personally would use another FB buy/sell group if it was started.

Hunting, Fishing, and Diving groups on Facebook is the main reason I use it.

I used to use numerous FB gun groups. After the initial ones were shut down we started opening up 'Precious Metal Discussion' groups by invite only with 'Discussion ONLY!'.

Thus, we posted a picture of a gun. Then said, "Message me if you'd to discuss this beautiful XXXXX".

Eventually, some butthole gets their feelings hurt, or some cruddy member gets in, and banned from the group - then they complain and we get shut down.

FB being as anti-gun as it is, I'd skip it.

I don't like many of the Facebook rules either, so I use Instagram and Twitter. Also, I like that Instagram gives bloggers and those who are engaged in advertising the opportunity to earn good money. In addition, it is a great platform for advertising your business or hobby. During the quarantine, I came up with a great idea and decided to find a way to earn extra money by doing what I love. So, I love cooking and sharing recipes with people. And I decided to make my hobby profitable. Thus I created a cooking page on Instagram and am promoting it. I recently found out about how to buy followers on Instagram to make my page visible to many users..And I believe that this will make my page popular among cooking enthusiasts.

Last edited:
you can buy/sell/trade here, facebook opens everything to a bigger class of morons

not to change the subject, but I think getting Cushman on TikTok with some midget strippers is a much more productive idea

I dont use Facebook.

I use the local radio classifieds, this site and a couple others depending on what I have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back