Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Send me your GPS coordinates for honey holes in Colorado 63.

AtenJones

Kidding, obviously...(but, if you want to send me info about honey holes, I won't turn it down).

Buddy and I are heading out to Colorado 63 for archery season. It's our first time in the area, and any info you might have about general logistics would be really appreciated. Also, trying to get my gear organized - any idea what kind of weather can we expect in some of the high-country during late August?

Thanks!

Have fun in the oak brush.

I bet Big Fin has hit these honey holes up...
38.471142, -107.868808
38.746960, -108.071627

Have fun in the oak brush.

I bet Big Fin has hit these honey holes up...
38.471142, -107.868808
38.746960, -108.071627

Now THIS is the kind of high-quality info that I've come to depend on from this forum! Is it legal to bait elk with Dilly Bars??

You can hunt over one that was accidentally dropped but you can't place one... also that would be considered wanton waste.

Last season it was pretty dry down there and we found the elk once we found the water, that area gets decent pressure so the elk were in the thick stuff.

Also for the love of god get a bear tag. At one point we had 14 bears visible at once while glassing a basin.

You can hunt over one that was accidentally dropped but you can't place one... also that would be considered wanton waste.

Last season it was pretty dry down there and we found the elk once we found the water, that area gets decent pressure so the elk were in the thick stuff.

Also for the love of god get a bear tag. At one point we had 14 bears visible at once while glassing a basin.

I've thought about grabbing the bear tag since I'm already going to be out there. This is my first archery hunt, so the idea of sneaking up on a bear with a sharp stick has me a little hesitant. But, I have a feeling I'll go ahead and grab one...

After taking a closer look at the seasons, we'll be there before Bear opens up, so I guess I'll just have to share my ice-cream with them instead of chasing them...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back