Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Change...

Congrats and hope it goes well for you and your family. I recently moved back home a couple weeks ago with a similar work situation. There is a lot of work to do on my grandma's place before I can move in, but I'll eventually fix it up and move into the house. It's cliche but there really is no place like home. Good luck and enjoy it.

Congrats Tyler moving is always a pain but once you get settled in it will all be worth it I'm guessing. At least you were not "Volun told" that is always nice news.

Congrats and happy birthday. I moved a bunch as a kid and yes it sucks and your kids will hate it at first, but they will get adjusted with time.

Broke the news to the boys last night. As expected there was a flood of mixed emotions. Patience on my part will be hard, but I do think with time they will be fine. It was harder to tell them that we’re moving than it was to let them know their grandmother passed.

Thanks all for the kind words and well wishes.

Good luck with your move. Definitely better than where you are now. There's days I wish I would have stayed a little farther south than where I am now.

Happy birthday! Moves are tough but kids are adaptable if you support them. What about baseball?? I know how it is I turned 40 in June, not as bad as I thought. Good luck.

Happy birthday! Moves are tough but kids are adaptable if you support them. What about baseball?? I know how it is I turned 40 in June, not as bad as I thought. Good luck.
Baseball is a bit of a question mark, but the tryouts for the travel team are the same day as the team he is currently on. We'll be able to get him to that on Sunday after attending a family reunion on Saturday. Couple of guys I played baseball with in HS, run the team. I hope for a good tryout! My wife whisked me away to Chicago this weekend to watch the Cards-Cubs in Wrigley, so the boys got to stay with their cousins. I think meeting a few kids and getting a bit of a tour of the town helped them both a bit with some of their nervousness about all of this.

My guess is the turmoil will be relatively short lived at this age. We made a major move when our kids were young, and then another during the middle school years. Best of luck with it!

My guess is the turmoil will be relatively short lived at this age. We made a major move when our kids were young, and then another during the middle school years. Best of luck with it!
I hope that's the case! I may need some remodeling advice in the not so distant future! With the work we are hoping to do, it looks like the we might be setting up a "camp" in the basement to live out of for a bit... :D

I hope that's the case! I may need some remodeling advice in the not so distant future! With the work we are hoping to do, it looks like the we might be setting up a "camp" in the basement to live out of for a bit... :D

In that case, the turmoil may be a little more lengthy, more involved, and will most likely center around Dad at times.:)

Our most recent move was all of one mile away, but the stress a remodel can impart is not to be taken lightly.

It will be interesting that's for sure. The house is mostly sound, but it's not had a lot, if any major improvements in 20yrs. A lot of changes will be cosmetic. But, all told, I think many of the things will be better contracted out vs me trying to get them done between work and getting the boys acclimated.

Stiff drinks and an open check book might be my strategy! :D

But, all told, I think many of the things will be better contracted out vs me trying to get them done between work and getting the boys acclimated.

Stiff drinks and an open check book might be my strategy! :D

Don't forget Big Fin's admonition to not look too handy with the power tools and garden gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back