Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Change...

1_pointer

Yesterday was my 40th birthday. Also, yesterday, I accepted a new job. I'll still be working for the same outfit I work for now, just in a new role. This will require a move, but is going to allow my to move into the house I grew up in. When my dad passed 10yrs ago, my wife and I bought the house with this as long shot possibility. Well, it's happening. We are planning on breaking the news to the boys tonight. Not sure how they are going to take the news, but I'm guessing they'll be nervous, excited, scared, and mad. Possibly all at the same time. However, I think once there and settled in, they will adjust and appreciate it. I hope that is the case!

School starts on Aug 9th, so there are alot of hoops to jump through, plans to be made and put into action over the next few months! My wife and I hope this turns out as well as we think it will!

Congrats Tyler! Are you moving back down into SW Indiana then?

I think you're family will appreciate getting out of the city..

Congratulations and Happy belated Birthday! I hope your sons' transition goes smoothly. That's quite the thing to raise your boys in the house you grew up in!

Congrats and happy birthday. All change comes with some trepidation. With the right support structure and comfort at home, kids are remarkably adaptable. You're always dialed in, so I'm sure it will be a great decision for you and your entire family. Best of luck.

Thanks everyone. To answer a couple questions; I will be moving to SW Indiana, which is the same state I currently reside. No I am not a "volunteer".

Happy Birthday! ... and congrats on a new path forward. Remind your family that "the only constant in life is change" and opportunities come with change. With social media and easy communication venues, old friendships will remain and new ones will grow.

Big time stuff for sure. Congratulations and happy birthday! If you can swing it, get your boys to their new school from day one of the school year. Makes a difference for the kids. Good luck!

Also, dude, how’s 40 sitting with you?

1_pointer.

Most of my adult life, I changed jobs within the same company every 5 years. It reinvigorates you. Exciting and unknown. I am now 65 and like stability.

Enjoy you future. 40 is the old 30, enjoy it!

I forgot Happy Birthday!

I'll be celebrating my 40th here in a few short weeks. Best of luck with the transition. Get those boys on a big ole buck this fall and they'll not think twice about the move :)

Congratulations on the new position and the homecoming. Make sure to double check the fences.....wanna keep Hank in your yard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back