Yeti GOBOX Collection

CA Azone Archery Blacktail Down!

Dukslayer26

Our Azone archery season opened this last sat here in CA. I Went out on opening morning and saw quite a few deer including a few legal bucks, but none of them were big enough to go after. Went out again yesterday morning and after seeing a few does, I came across 2 bucks and one of them was a beauty. I made my way down into the valley they were in and was able to get within 100 yrds of them. Only problem was they were on a wide open hillside and there was nothing I could use for cover to get much closer. I was able to get to 78 yrds before I ran out of tall grass. I practice shooting out to 100 yrds a lot and new I could make a 78 yrd shot. As I drew back the deer still had no clue I was there. As I let the arrow go, I waited for what seemed to be an eternity before I heard the arrow hit the buck. The buck kicked and ran into the brush. A few seconds later I could hear him crash! When I walked up to where the buck was standing I could see blood everywhere. I followed the trail and 70 yrds away in the brush I saw my buck. I couldn’t believe his rack. The closer I got the bigger the rack got!! When I finally got him out of the brush I was so stoked. He was a beauty!! What a way to start the season!!

Attachments

• 0B7A4DC5-A707-4E1F-808D-35585F309A4D.jpg
    0B7A4DC5-A707-4E1F-808D-35585F309A4D.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 504
Cannot believe that your season has started and ended already.

That is a stud buck.

Congratulations!

Nice blackie!
Agree w/Rancho....miss those sneaky suckers but not the heat,PO or swarms of ticks....just looking at him made me feel things crawling on me...lol.

Nice blackie!
Agree w/Rancho....miss those sneaky suckers but not the heat,PO or swarms of ticks....just looking at him made me feel things crawling on me...lol.

Thanks guys!! But your forgetting about the millions of early season fleas too��

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back