Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Horn hunter main beam

Taylor13

Looking into getting a daypack/overnight pack. This one meets a couple of things I’m looking for: gun straps, can pack a little meat, and it’s less than $200. I don’t expect to be over a few miles from the truck so I don’t need anything crazy. Couldn’t find many reviews on it, so was wondering if any of y’all had one. Just tell me it’s a great pack, super comfy, and the deal of a lifetime and I’ll be happy. 🤣

I have one. I've used it to pack deer and antelope. Seems like a good pack for the money. Not terribly light but it has held up well. They used to be made in the USA. I wish it had a little more padding on the hip belt, but other than that I really can't complain. For the money its a good pack in my opinion.

Can't speak to the Horn Hunter, but I've been very happy with my Slumberjack and it fits two of your criteria- packs meat and is less than $200 (on camofire)
Can probably rig some sort of gun boot to it. I've never packed huge weights on it, but it has fit me well and felt good with up to 60# in it

Just got one for this year’s antelope hunt. Seems pretty well made, as stated slightly heavy for a smaller pack, but should be fine for a deer or antelope pack. Wanted a pack I could use out West and also perform as a pack for mountain hunting for deer here in Pa. Should work out just fine.

I have the Mainbeam XL. Must not fit me. I find it uncomfortable carrying it loaded with meat. I also have a hard time fitting a deboned deer, my hydration bladder and other stuff in the pack. It could be that I pack too much other stuff.

I have used the Main Beam XL for the past year and a half and have been very pleased overall. I use it 2 - 3 times per week year round mainly on short three to four mile fitness hikes usually carrying 30 - 35 lbs and the straps and belt have held up well. I have only packed out one wild hog from the North GA mountains, but she weighed close to 300lbs and I was able to strap both hindquarters on to the fabric meat shelf and hike out three miles without any problem. The strap system makes it easy to secure even a heavy load for easier carrying. Very well made, and a good value for the money.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back