Congress continues their anti-public land efforts

Well, that was quick.

Guess that answers my question for who I would personally send my opposition message. I'll follow up with a personal message vs this canned response from my RMEF submission.

Of the many public land aspects, this one I've learned, mainly from supported research here, that LWCF is among the top of the list.

July 18, 2018

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting me about public lands. I appreciate your thoughts on this issue. Your input is important to me.

As a Montanan, I understand how important our public lands are to our local economies, communities, and, more importantly, our very way of life. Our state is home to some of the most beautiful landscapes in the country. Access to public lands should continue to be shared by all.

I will not tolerate the selling of our public lands. Inefficiently managed forests and special-interest litigants have put Montanans at risk. Many areas in our forests are so poorly tended to that a single spark will completely wipe out decades of timber growth and habitat conservation. We need to find a way to cut through the bureaucracy to ensure our parks, forests, and other public areas are properly managed.

On June 25, 2018 I signed on as a cosponsor to H.R. 502 to permanently reauthorize the Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF). The fund uses earnings from offshore oil and gas leasing to help protect public lands and waters. I know how important the LWCF is to Montana and I will continue to be a strong voice for the fund.

I will continue working to keep our public lands public. As a member of the House Natural Resources Committee, please know that I will keep your thoughts firmly in mind as we discuss how to best manage and preserve our natural heritage.

Thank you again for contacting me. Hearing from other Montanans allows me to better understand your perspective. As your representative in Congress, I will continue to rely on your views as to serve as a strong voice for Montana. I invite you to visit my website at gianforte.house.gov to sign up to receive my newsletter and find information on current legislation and my representation of Montana. If I can help you or your family, please contact me.

Sincerely,

Greg Gianforte
Member of Congress

Back