Congress continues their anti-public land efforts

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Not that this is probably any surprise, but today the House Rules Committee added two amendments to the floor debate schedule for the Department of Interior appropriations bill. The floor debate and vote are tomorrow, so contacting your Congressman is very helpful.

Tucson Congressman Biggs (R-AZ) proposed an amendment to transfer funds from the BLM land acquisition account to NPS parks maintenance backlog. This serves no purpose other than to divert money from land acquisitions, as Interior’s parks maintenance bill designates a new funding source for this purpose without diverting money from the Land and Water Conservation Fund.

Another amendment from Congressman Biggs will transfer funds from the USFS land acquisition account, funded via LWCF, to the spending reduction account, further inhibiting the USFS from using their already heavily trimmed budget for any strategic land acquisitions.

ACTION: - If you want to tell your Congressman to vote NO on these Amendments, RMEF has established this landing page where your opposition will be forwarded to your Congressman/woman. Even better is a personal call or email, but commenting here is easy and will help.

Link here - https://elknetwork.com/vote-no-on-lwcf-amendments/#/22/

LWCF Vote.jpg

Wonder what response Congressman Biggs will have when RMEF mobilizes their largest and most profitable Big Game Banquet Chapter, the Tucson Chapter, and informs Congressman Biggs that this kind of backdoor effort to divert the already-reduced land acquisition funds. I hope they light him up.

Randy, thanks for what you do. I don’t have time to follow everything that congress cooks up, but I appreciate it when people like you point out things like this is the legislative process.

Done with this one.
Trying to find out why & where my Congressman ,Steve Pearce is on this vote.
I already have a good idea he is in favor. He has done everything in his power to give our lands away to big business,before his run for Gov. Doing my best to keep him out of the Roundhouse.

Done, and sent to Liz Cheney....for all the good that will do. She's a big advocate of the Federal Land Transfer.

For Montana, Gianforte is whom to send a message to as our House Representative for House Amendments 111, 128 and 129? Or are there other Amendments to reference?
Is there a reason to send opposition message to Senators Daines and Tester at this time or hold off unless it passes the House?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back