Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montana Boy Stuck in TX

TrumpkinTheDwarf

My body is in Texas, but home is Big Sky Country
Hey guys, I've lived most of my life in Billings/Bozeman/Missoula ( I know, that last one doesn't fit the list :rolleyes:). I'm now in Austin Texas, because I graduated college and needed a job... Sounds familiar?

Anyways, I try to get back to MT on the come home to hunt program every year, and this forum seems to be centered around that area of the world. So hello! I'll try to contribute as much as I can. I know a lot about the fishing from the Bighorn river to the western border.

Welcome from Wyoming. Texas isn't so bad I guess, wouldn't leave Wyo for it but work is sending me down there for a few months again sometime soon and I'm trying to time it based on the crappie spawn or dove season. Good luck in that heat!

After being stationed in Ft Hood I swore on all that's holy that I'd never stop in Texas longer than it takes to fill my gas tank. Welcome to HT!

Welcome, I don’t miss Texas or FT Sam Huston, the recruiter lied about the girl to guy ratio. The river walk was nice and there are some Big deer on post.

Most Texans I know word that as blessed to be in Texas. Lived there a few years and loved the life and the people.

Welcome.

You might want to check out opportunities in balcones canyonlands, the National forest in east Texas, and the Tpwd draw system. Better than nothing.....

The two things that surprise me when I'm inTexas, how nice everyone is, and how I still can't wait to leave. I think I'm confused by deserts that aren't in the lee of a big mountain range.

They do have some good offshore rig spearfishing that's pretty great.

Welcome. I’m in the same boat. Now in San Antonio.
Where from originally?

You might want to check out opportunities in balcones canyonlands, the National forest in east Texas, and the Tpwd draw system. Better than nothing.....
I am hunting whitetail here, but elk and mule deer... no go. I've got mountains in my blood anyways.

Hey guys, I've lived most of my life in Billings/Bozeman/Missoula ( I know, that last one doesn't fit the list :rolleyes:). I'm now in Austin Texas, because I graduated college and needed a job... Sounds familiar?

Anyways, I try to get back to MT on the come home to hunt program every year, and this forum seems to be centered around that area of the world. So hello! I'll try to contribute as much as I can. I know a lot about the fishing from the Bighorn river to the western border.

Familiar story... my wife and I just left Austin to come back to Idaho. We survived five years down there, now if feels sooooo gooood to be back!

Welcome, it's weird in Austin.
The Texas folks are great. You'll enjoy the hog hunting but not the heat!

I really like Texas but definitely different than being in the intermountain west.

Back