PEAX Equipment

Utah Cow Elk

TheRealChrisF

So... I drew a Cow Elk tag for Ogden Utah Nov 10 - Dec 31, 2018. Never hunted Utah before. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats.
Later is better. Hope for snow. Not a ton of public and less that holds elk but there is some for sure.
Possibly can find private and get access if you do your work.
Are you willing to hike for a cow?

I'm willing to hike for anything :D

I expected this to be a difficult hunt. It looks like some of the most difficult terrain in that area.

awesome buddy! i bet you will have a great experience there.
please let me know what you see and where exactly are you going to hunt. i have plans for next year looking to go Monroe Peak. it would nice to have an idea as how it looks and what kind of terrain there is. (google maps and youtube dont cut it)

awesome buddy! i bet you will have a great experience there.
please let me know what you see and where exactly are you going to hunt. i have plans for next year looking to go Monroe Peak. it would nice to have an idea as how it looks and what kind of terrain there is. (google maps and youtube dont cut it)

I will let you know. Thanks.

I haven’t hunted that particular unit, but I’ve done a few late December cow hunts in Utah in some other units and usually found them in the low little canyons that opened up onto the flat private property. OnX is your friend. Sounds like you’ve already got some good help. Have fun and good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back