MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Synvisc

Bigjay73

Sitting in the Drs office waiting for my first injection in my knee. Anyone ever have one? How long did you wait before hitting trails again? The cartilage behind my kneecap is damaged, cortisone didn't work for the inflammation.

I've been getting it for a couple of years. Depending on how active you are will depend on how long you get relief for. I get mine every 6 months. The beginning of the year shot gives me a couple of months of relief since I'm not beating on my knee very hard. The one I get in August only lasts me about 6 weeks or so with hunting seasons ramping up and my knee getting abused. It is much better than the cortisone/pain shots I was getting for years. I'm bone on bone in my knee with some other damage and issues, so for me the shot is kind of a band aid for surgery type of thing until I get my actual surgery. But, it's better than nothing.

Thanks. Yeah the next 2 months will be hard on the knees between scouting and elk hunting. Luckily my deer and lope hunts are out east in the easy stuff.

I used it for several years until it finally didn't work anymore.
Other than getting the shots it was a great crutch for me.
I now have a artificial knee and it does just fine.

Good to know. Not looking forward to the day I need replacements, but nice to have options. It's funny, my knee problems are from years of having fun, and doing what I love. It's kind of a reminder of all the cool shit I've done

Hi guys, new to board and nearly a noob since I haven't hunted in 10 years.
Anyhoo, I did two rounds of synvisc in my left knee after having the meniscus scoped in 2014. That knee feels great and causes no problems buy my ortho says it will eventually need to be replaced. I had the right scoped in the fall of 16 and it was a real fail. Lots of pain and discomfort after, PT didn't help. I had knee replacement surgery on May 9th and has been amazing for me. My advice is if a doc says do a knee replacement, don't wait. I lost a lot of strength and size and flexibility by favoring it for so long. If you are active and even moderately fit it all works to the good in your recovery.

Anybody with partial knee replacement to eliminate bone-on-bone pain?

First time post for me. I'm semi-retired and will be 65 in April. I'm scheduled for partial knee replacement in May to address my growing pain.
I've been bone-on-bone in my left knee and missing both my medial meniscus cartilage and ACL since injury and surgery in 1973.
For example, on the fourth day of my Colorado elk hunt this past fall, I had serious pain when I was descending a steep, muddy mountain side that had thawed in the afternoon.
My health and fitness is very good otherwise, and I'm planning on several years of mountain hunting and adventure so long as my health holds.
Please advise your success or lack of it if you've had similar experience. Thanks!

Forgot about this thread. Can't speak to about a knee replacement, but the injection I recieved in July is still maintaining a low to no amount of pain in my knee. Had an elk, 2 deer, and 2 antelope hunts on it, not to mention countless random hikes, and hours of river fishing.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back