Idaho Early 55

JWhunter

Hello all,

I've hunted 55 for late archery and I was lucky and drew an early rifle tag this season. I've been super busy on the farm but I am going to try and drive down 4 or 5 evenings before the season starts. I am just curious to as if anyone has any thoughts on the Jim Sage mountains around Womack Canyon? I also will be looking into the some places off the Elba-Oakley Road as well. Just curious about the Jim Sage Mountains mainly seeing as I've heard it's not a good early season area mainly late season.

Thanks

JW

I just want to know if people agree with the Jim Sage Mountains being hard to find deer in during this season

Not alot of deer early season
But probably some good bucks up there
Limited access compared to most of unit 55

I know of a 230in buck killed off the pavement from malta to elba. off meaning glassed from road and stalk/kill....glass from the payment to see what you can find move glass move to see what is there. I have seen more than 1 180in buck chukar and hun hunting the flats up onto jim sage. you should also be able to see a few bighorn rams to keep your interest. the west slope will have more deer, they move onto the hay fields at night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back