Caribou Gear

Private land mule deer hunt

This wording, straight from the Terms of Use that everyone agrees to when they sign up for the forum is usually the rub.

Rules and Conduct.
The Website (including without limitation, any content, documents or other information made available via the Website) is provided only for your personal, non-commercial use. Any unauthorized use of the Website is expressly prohibited.

Personally, I have no concern if someone hunts public or private, guided or non-guided. I suspect most here feel the same.

It seems that when hunt brokers come here peddling their hunts to a forum promoting self-guided public-land hunting, in violation of the Terms of Use they agreed to, folks give them a well-deserved good ribbing. If not for the crowd here making it clear that they didn't care for his violation of the Terms of Use, I would have deleted the post/thread for said violation and sent a private message reminding him of what he agreed to and telling him he was welcome to post if he complied with the Terms he had agreed to.

I must of missed the part that the OP said that it was guided.
N2IRKYS, does the following lead you to believe it is NOT an outfitter? If so, my apologies, as we then obviously have a distinctly different set of references regarding one's relationship with a private hunting ranch. "Couple of spots available", "we usually see", score in the ... " are all phrases which connote booked commercial hunting to me. What do they infer to you, N2IRKYS?

We have a couple of spots available on a private ranch in southwestern New Mexico for mule deer. We usually see between 10 to 15 bucks per day. Top end bucks will score in the 180's to low 190's.

Big fin,
I wish you would just remove the thread. This thread does nothing but diversify hunters. Whether or not someone chooses private land or public land. Rifle or bow I don't really care. I come to this sight for good information and good comradery and this post has nothing contributing to say. Further more it's just not a good representation of who we are. This forum has been a wealth of information and a place to gain help in a variety of topics from very educated, helpful people and this post isn't it.
Thank you,
Robert

Big fin,
I wish you would just remove the thread. This thread does nothing but diversify hunters. Whether or not someone chooses private land or public land. Rifle or bow I don't really care. I come to this sight for good information and good comradery and this post has nothing contributing to say. Further more it's just not a good representation of who we are. This forum has been a wealth of information and a place to gain help in a variety of topics from very educated, helpful people and this post isn't it.
Thank you,
Robert

Can't really argue with that.

Funny shit right there!! We all know the way to get Cush to do what we want now!! As if we didn’t beforehand!! LMAFO. I’m laughing right now as I drew a deer tag in WY and looking forward to the work and enjoying it immensely. Love the diy part of it, that’s the greatest part of the adventure!!!

Just to clarify it’s all in good fun. If we can’t have fun why are we here? I love a good roast just as much as the next guy, and believe me, I’m on the receiving ent a lot. If we can’t tease ourselves who can we tease?

Big fin,
Thank you,
Robert

I appreciate that comment and the manner expressed.

I was out filming all day and by the time I had returned to a computer, the spat had been settled. For now, I will leave it up.

I think many have expressed that they don't care where someone hunts, if they go guided or unguided, rifle or bow, or whatever. I make no distinction and I am happy for anyone who is out having a good time, no matter the manner or place of their hunt. As for any who take this thread too seriously, history has shown that too will pass.

I’m still trying to figure out if I’m a serious hunter or not.

By your own 'if you don't like it move along' logic.....you could have skipped most of this thread and simply moved along.....

Not when it divides hunters, but maybe you can. It takes everyone's support to keep this tradition going.

N2IRKYS, does the following lead you to believe it is NOT an outfitter? If so, my apologies, as we then obviously have a distinctly different set of references regarding one's relationship with a private hunting ranch. "Couple of spots available", "we usually see", score in the ... " are all phrases which connote booked commercial hunting to me. What do they infer to you, N2IRKYS?

Going with an outfitter doesn't always mean a guided hunt is all I'm saying.

Not when it divides hunters, but maybe you can. It takes everyone's support to keep this tradition going.

You're assumptions are wrong my friend. No one is poking fun or dividing over how someone hunts (DYI, private land, public land, guided, spear, bow, rifle...etc) However if someone breaks the rules (as Big Fin has pointed out) be prepared to have your post turned into a comedic exploit or just simply removed. I for one enjoy knowing that I am not the only one that likes a good "roast" and have been on the receiving end without needing a "safe place" to make me feel better. Actually I probably hurt Cush more than the OP....posting his fantasy up like that and then telling him it was really a dude.

You're assumptions are wrong my friend. No one is poking fun or dividing over how someone hunts (DYI, private land, public land, guided, spear, bow, rifle...etc) However if someone breaks the rules (as Big Fin has pointed out) be prepared to have your post turned into a comedic exploit or just simply removed. I for one enjoy knowing that I am not the only one that likes a good "roast" and have been on the receiving end without needing a "safe place" to make me feel better. Actually I probably hurt Cush more than the OP....posting his fantasy up like that and then telling him it was really a dude.

Dude!! You got me good!! That was awesome!! Thanks for a good laugh!!

I am making an assumption here and the op can correct me if I'm wrong....
With that said Im not going to support when tags for the public's wildlife are taken and given to landowners who sell them for profit. It would cost me 10k to rifle hunt elk or deer in the unit I have grown up in.
There is a very good chance I'll never draw in my life (4% odds for deer and 0.5% odds for elk) but some buy a "private hunt" every year that happens to include a hard to get tag.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back