Private land mule deer hunt

Sorry, new to forums. Obviously not the right place. Thought there might be a few serious hunters out there. Thanks

Probably correct. You are looking for real go-getters.
  • private ranch
  • lots of roads
  • ATV's and 4x4's.

I would try ebay next.

Again obviously not the right crowd. But to clarify. Private land is private land. The old barbed wire fences barely keep the cattle in, let alone any game. The axcess to this property is PRIVATE, so the trails and roads are used only by us. And to get to get to good glassing points. You can't expect to drive up to wildlife (DUH!). Basically it is a 60,000 acre property that butts up to 3.5 million acres of national forest and has good deer hunting on it. See you guys down the road

This is a pretty hardcore public land crowd. Lots of BHA and RMEF members here. I had to look when I saw the title of the thread, I figured there might be a flaming involved but I didn't anticipate midget strippers. :p

Not sure what the bashing is about. I didn’t know that folks that hunted private land wasn’t a serious hunter. Now that’s laughable.

Furthermore, the OP listed a hunt in the classified section. If you don’t like it, move along. You wouldn’t like someone downing your rifle or whatever item you may have for sale on your post.

Sorry, new to forums. Obviously not the right place. Thought there might be a few serious hunters out there. Thanks

No flame Gwebb but you could have saved yourself some grief and keyboard embarrassment by checking in with the owner beforehand. Pretty sure most forums expect as much.

Furthermore, the OP listed a hunt in the classified section. If you don’t like it, move along. You wouldn’t like someone downing your rifle or whatever item you may have for sale on your post.

Review the rules.

Not sure what the bashing is about. I didn’t know that folks that hunted private land wasn’t a serious hunter. Now that’s laughable.

First and most obvious hint would be the name of the site,,,On Your Own Adventures.

Last edited:

Yeah, serious hunters really want to go shoot deer on a private ranch with lots of roads for atv's and 4x4s.
I think this is your target demographic.
qycyg.jpg

Just booked a 5 day hunt and secured a nice 182 type buck. Could have went higher but figured I've save some coin to go out to a nice restaurant after my hunt. Going to Hobby Lobby tonight to get a neat frame for the hero shot photo. Looking forward to hunting unpressured deer off a Polaris Razor for once.

There's a difference between bashing and making fun of....we are making fun

There's a difference between bashing and making fun of....we are making fun
Also there's a difference between someone listing a slightly used bino harness for sale in the classified versus someone who comes across as an outfitter attempting to sell trophy deer hunts on a private ranch with lots of roads and ATV trails on HUNTTALK to an audience of mostly DIY hunters who love hunting in wild pristine places.

Again obviously not the right crowd. But to clarify. Private land is private land. The old barbed wire fences barely keep the cattle in, let alone any game. The axcess to this property is PRIVATE, so the trails and roads are used only by us. And to get to get to good glassing points. You can't expect to drive up to wildlife (DUH!). Basically it is a 60,000 acre property that butts up to 3.5 million acres of national forest and has good deer hunting on it. See you guys down the road

Could you give me coordinances of the side of the 3.5 million acres national Forest that borders said rance? I'd be interested in that!

Could you give me coordinances of the side of the 3.5 million acres national Forest that borders said rance? I'd be interested in that!

No kidding. Should have waited until he shared the website. I regularly look at outfitters in areas I hunt to get an idea what's there and see what public is available on those ranches.

Also there's a difference between someone listing a slightly used bino harness for sale in the classified versus someone who comes across as an outfitter attempting to sell trophy deer hunts on a private ranch with lots of roads and ATV trails on HUNTTALK to an audience of mostly DIY hunters who love hunting in wild pristine places.

Now the Big Sky Bar is a wild place at times even if the hunting isn't that good and the restrooms aren't pristine. And for the record Blake I've heard that a Polaris Razr makes a great gun rest

First and most obvious hint would be the name of the site,,,On Your Own Adventures.

I must of missed the part that the OP said that it was guided. Could be a diy private land hunt. If it has to be public land, does it have to be otc to be a real hunt or can it be a limited entry hunt? If limited entry is ok, does it matter how many tags are allotted?

Heck, I’ve hunted some private properties in the past that were way harder hunting than some public land places.

Personally, I don’t care how someone hunts, as long as it’s legal and doesn’t harm the resource. But hey, folks can keep on making fun how others hunt until the support for hunting is gone. I bet those folks making fun of the way others hunt will be some of the first ones to wonder why hunting isn’t allowed like it use to be.

Back