Deer tag unit 38

Colorado kid

Hello everyone. I am a Colorado native and I live on the north side of 70 in Idaho Springs. Unit 38. I am new to hunting and new to this forum. I went from zero to 60 with this hunting thing. One Rio Grande tom and I'm completely hooked!! I ended up getting an antlered tag for deer in 38 in the 2nd rifle season. I know...not the best unit, however, I live in the unit so the ability to scout will be an every day thing, if I choose. I'm not asking for anyone's secret spot but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, friends!!

Yes sir!! I spent my 20s in Northwest Florida. I have been addicted to fishing for the better part of 25 years!! In the last year i have purchased a Savage trophy hunter in 7mm rem, a PSE Brute force lite and a Steoger 12 gauge. Thank you for the welcome!! I will be sure to contribute wherever I can.

By the way hunters.....I am a Le Cordon Bleu trained certified master chef. I have a ton of experience handling any and all meat.... wild and domestic. Any questions that any of you may have about handling, storing, fabricating, cooking and or eating wild game please please please don't hesitate to pm me. I'd be MORE than willing to help!!

Welcome, good luck on your hunt. Don’t forget to post some pics and how you decided to serve it.

The weather is beautiful and 38 has some of the most beautiful sights Colorado has to offer, good time to start scouting. I see a lot of deer in the alpine off the CDT, where 38,28 and 29 meet, but come mid Oct, that probably won't be much use to you. Good luck!

Thank you and I most certainly will!! The evening I shot my tom we made Aldo Leopolds (via Steve Rinella) pan fried turkey breast with bear fat gravy over buttermilk biscuits. Pretty darn good!! Steve Rinella is an outstanding culinarian!!

There seems to be an unspoken running competition as to who can out cook who on here. It's actually quite awesome because we get great ideas from each other.

You must have missed the part about him being a Le Cordon Bleu trained chef. I'm thinking he probably wins haha

I can't help you with the unit as I never hunted it but make sure you check the CPW's hunt atlas. They do a good job. Watch the video on how to use it.

I bet there is some really good food put forth by the hunters on this forum!! Im looking at buying a new Traeger in a few weeks. Those things are pretty impressive!!

I have one. It's ok, but if I had to do it over I would look around a little more. Am kinda disappointed in the construction of it. Metal isn't as thick as I would have hoped. It won't sear meat very well, although I believe they came out with a new model that has a searing option. It also does not give as much smoke as I would like. That was easily resolved by buying a smoke tube off of Amazon. It does make long slow cooks extremely easy and convenient, and it makes chicken, burgers, steaks etc., taste much better than a gas grill. Not to mention you can use as an oven and cook anything you would bake on it.

Not really. There's a lot of options. Big green egg is the nicest in my opinion, but damn they're expensive and heavy. Wish I would have looked at Yoders, camp chefs, rec-tecs. I may have ended up with a Traeger in the end, I just feel like I bought one without researching enough

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back