Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Any leftovers worth it

Bigjay73

I have a free weekend in October, and love hunting pronghorn. Are any of the reduced doe/fawn tags worth spending a weekend going in blind? Looks like there's tags for 2,3,4,10,15,29, 102 and 109. Never hunted Wyoming, it's not a far drive. Always looking for a new adventure.

Last edited:
Check each of those units using the Hunt Planner on the G&F website to see if you think there is enough accessible public land for you to have a decent hunt. If you find one that you think will suit your needs, then go for it!

Any leftovers worth it?

Not to me but if your willing to pay a ranch or outfitter go for it. There are now thousands people using onx, google, gis data etc to find ways into public lands, if there tags what land is there probably gonna get nailed. If theres 2nd round leftovers there aint much access! My suggestion would be go private or go elsewhere at this point aint worth hassle.

Any leftovers worth it?

Not to me but if your willing to pay a ranch or outfitter go for it. There are now thousands people using onx, google, gis data etc to find ways into public lands, if there tags what land is there probably gonna get nailed. If theres 2nd round leftovers there aint much access! My suggestion would be go private or go elsewhere at this point aint worth hassle.

Thanks, kinda figured that would be the case. I'll have 2 Colorado tags after the LOs go in sale. I'll just wait till next year and put in for the draw in Wy with my whopping 2 points lol

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back