MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

deer roast on smoker

SandyCreek

Hey guys looking for any advice on a deer roast on a pellet grill.. looking to try something a little bit different instead of the usual pot roast deal. any advice is appreciated

Although not on a pellet grill, one of our alternative methods is fondue style. You can use multiple marinades, cook to your desired doneness and mix a few different dips.

I have done a few recently on my Traeger. I think simple is best. I coated the roast in olive oil, hit it generously with salt and pepper, and the browned it in cast iron. I the put it on the grill at 350 until the temp hit about 136, and then wrapped it in tinfoil to rest for about 20 minutes. By the time I unwrapped it the internal temp was about 142.

They have all come out super, and the leftovers make a mean French dip!

I keep trying to get a quality piece of venison off of my smoker. I would say about half the time I get it right. Timing is everything. Too long and it tends to dry out. Getting everyone ready to eat while the meat is perfect has been my biggest challenge. I can tell you that in my house when the venison off the smoker is a little overdone it makes good chili. It never goes to waste.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back