Yeti GOBOX Collection

Going in blind! need some advice! Idaho unit 21A

Idahohunter22

So I'm active military overseas and Ill be making the trip back to Idaho this Oct for a OTC rifle elk hunt. I've been using my onx maps and doing some e scouting and have been emailing back and forth with a biologist. i think I have my bases covered and have a pretty good idea of what I'll be doing opening day. I was wondering if anyone on here had any experience in that unit or some more tips for e scouting ( I've been watching Randy's youtube videos on the subject) If anyone could send me a private message i would be eternally grateful. Thanks!

Hunted a couple units last year including that one. Lots of fun but definitely not a lot of game. Holy steep country! We will be back out that way again this fall to give it another try. What specific questions do you have?

I also am looking at that area. What's the best time of year for that area? Better to backpack in or base camp.

You plan on Flying in? I was looking at hunting the Frank as well, but the time I will be there is 8-18 Nov and pending weather I was worried about getting trapped back there with my vehicle. 1 road in that drops down from Elk City and last 18 miles or so is 4LO. I ended up exchanging my tag for a cow in 22, 32, 32a. I'm military as well. (Retire Navy).

21a is not the Frank. It's in the Salmon Zone. Yeah, you'd almost certainly get stuck driving into the Frank that late. After late October it's very sketchy. You basically have to fly in.

IDhikker.....what about getting into area 19/20 south of Elk City Early-Mid November? Doing most of my scouting from afar via onx.

Nope. Lots of guys want to do that. The road will almost certainly be impassable from snow.

Access isn't easy. PM me and I'm happy to share info on these units. One major key is what dates are you available to hunt because that affects access.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back