Summer moms & babes

hank4elk

Went out at 1st light just to see. Saw a few & grabbed my camera. There must be 30+ elk bedded down there now still @ 10am. This is the open PJ/grasslands NM country that BF talks about. I can see 3 from my couch,maybe 1/4 mi away.July 18 047.JPGJuly 18 054.JPGJuly 18 059.JPG& the elkhund on pointJuly 18 056.JPG Life is good!

Yeah, that’s cool. I gotta hunt that country sometime before I die. Never been to the Gila. That needs to change.

Hank, how have things been going with your rescued elk hound? I’m looks like you two have become quite the pair.

Hank, how have things been going with your rescued elk hound? I’m looks like you two have become quite the pair.

He is one cool dude & I appreciate him adopting me. I was worried about a dog running off all the critters but he is very well behaved...unless your a cow,dog,coyote,bull sculpture or bad guy in general. Then he barks,loud. Real loud. I wear ear protection on drive to town some days now...lol He has a special bark for me...to get my butt in gear.
Oh,he's a chick magnate ....he has a following.

Thanks folks.
Bearfoot,I am very happy to wake to the sounds of elk & such.Early,daily.
Rio is all about the chipmunks & bunnies.

PS,just took Rio out for morning ritual & the cows & calves are about 100 yards away, walking up the windmill road past my house,talking up a storm. Rio is at the window, on it & silent. Cool.

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back