Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Tent for Wyoming antelope

pikeman1

We have all the gear we need now just need a tent. looking for something under 200 if possible. Would like the size to be around 88x65, big enough to hold 2 cots, the rest of our gear will stay in the truck. What are you guys using that will hold up in the Wyoming winds. Thanks.

For the size you want, I'd consider upping your budget.

I agree with this. For what you want within that budget you're probably looking for something from walmart and that's not going to hold up to wyoming winds or any sort of real weather. I would definitely save up and raise your budget. My 10x14 Kodiak has held up to wyoming winds and rain and snow, so I can recommend it. It easily fit 2 cots with a table inside and heats up quickly with a buddy heater.

If you up your budget I agree with John that the Kodak flex bow is well worth the money. I have the 10x14 and it serves me well.

if you plan on more than one season, the extra money on a kodiak canvas will probably save money next year. have ran kelty/ozark trail/rei type of family tents before and didnt die but seemed to have to buy a new one every other year. add a buddy heater as john mentioned and youll be set.

I have the kodiak also, holds up awesome in the wind, better than our wall tents. Up you budget a little and watch for a used one on craigslist, it's worth it. Great tent.

I have the cabelas Alaskan guide geodesic tent. It's more expensive than your budget listed above, but I've had mine about 12 years and use it around 20-25 days per year and can't day anything bad about it. Lots of room in the 8 man version.

Nice looking tent. Make sure you stake it down tight . That should last you years instead of a season or two a cheapo would have.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back