Yeti GOBOX Collection

Non-lead box ammo for 25-06

beagle001

Didn’t take too much coaxing to look to switch after the recent podcast, and also having a newborn son who will soon be eating venison.
My wife shoots a 25-06 and I don’t reload, so what can you tell me about the shelf options in that caliber? Maximum shot distance is 200 yards. I’ve always been a Federal guy, but certainly not married to them. Thanks in advance

I think you'd be hard pressed to find one that didn't do well for a 200 yard shot. I know Federal, Hornady, Nosler, & Barnes all make a non-lead round. I think most of them are 100 grain (or close). Federal makes a 100 grain round that should do the job. I believe it's a Barnes bullet.

I like Barnes VOR-TX 100grain TTSX-BT at 3250fps factory. I used it for a while before working up a handload. www.ammoseek.com will help you find a decent price and availability.

Last edited:
Nosler E Tips group sub MOA in my Remington 700. I hunt with exclusively copper ammo by this point.

My 110 grain Accubonds shoot too well in my 25-06 for me to switch. Obviously, it's not the non-lead that you wanted.

My 110 grain Accubonds shoot too well in my 25-06 for me to switch. Obviously, it's not the non-lead that you wanted.

Not everyone is switching. And that's ok in my book. If you need a good non-lead, look at Hammers. mtmuley

Not everyone is switching. And that's ok in my book. If you need a good non-lead, look at Hammers. mtmuley

Agreed. Honestly, I wouldn’t be as nearly in a hurry if it weren’t for having the baby. Perspective changes when you have someone else’s well-being to worry about.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back