Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wyoming Area 23 Private Land

280AI

A couple of my friends and I got drawn in area 23 for private land doe/fawn tags. This is our first time hunting out west, and we're wondering if anyone knew of some land owners looking to get a few does taken off there property. We would pay a trespass fee that is reasonable amount.

Good luck! It might be tough in that unit. Hopefully you figure it out and have a great hunt. Good chance you'll have to find an outfitter.

Don't get discouraged, however, lots of antelope in that unit...… lots of tags. Quite difficult to find access to private land. I hunt near that area and have asked locals and could not find a place to shoot a doe.

good luck to all
the dog

I learned a good tip from pointingdogsrule a while back......find a contact at the local co-op....they know the local folks and who might be open to granting permission or allowing trespass fee access.

Substitute farm bureau office or sale barn for equally valuable local knowledge.

Now you guys really rolled the dice. Good luck it won't be easy. You may have to pay a guide for access. Hope you get lucky without spending the extra money on a guide.

No way would I go any distance from another state to hunt does on unit 23 without having a guaranteed place to hunt before going out there. The G&F booklet warns people not to buy licenses before you have a place to hunt, so I have to agree with Cushman and he's not being a dick, just making an accurate statement! That is the reason there are still 623 23-7 tags left after the two draws out of 1000 that were initially available.

Last edited:
Not to be a dick, but shouldn't you have secured private land access prior to applying for private land tags? Welcome to HT.

If you would've posted before applying we could've help. I believe the private land tag is a 23-7 you can only hunt private land so you'll need to find a receptive landowner or contact a guide. You can go on the WFG web site but I don't believe there's a landowner on the list for that unit. You'll need to get busy trying to make contacts. Hope it works out.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back