Saratoga, Wyoming

There are a few houses that do airbnb in town; the riviera lodge; at least one actual B&B; the saratoga hot springs resort; and yeah the hotel wolf. Plenty of camping around town but it doesn't take a lot of money to stay warmer during october. I think stuff fills up during hunting season so may wanna get on it sooner than later. What did ya draw?

Be sure to bring your fishing rods, if you tag out quick you'll be in a good location to fish a little. Whether it be on the Platte or one of lakes up in the NF, you'll be in good shape. I elk hunt near there every year and see tons of antelope. Grab a camera and walk around the high school football field around dusk if you have time, usually always see some monster mule deer on the field without a worry in the world. I can't remember the exact dates, but if season is open for blue grouse when your here, bring a shotgun too! You could make it a helluva trip!

Looking for a clean place too stay, not super fancy, a Best Western or something along those lines. Wife drew a antelope buck and 2 Doe tags, I drew 1 Doe tag. Looking for a few areas SW of Saratoga too fill our Doe tags.... we may think about camping also, we’ll be there the first weekend in Oct for about 4 days.
Matt

Hacienda is closest to a Best Western, a little more old school is the Sage and Sand hotel.

(Disclaimer: over a decade since I've been to this gem of an area).

Perfect area for multiple opportunity adventuring. Fishing, small game and your draw tags. Jealous

I stayed at the riviera lodge last January and it was a good clean basic motel right on the river. My wife likes lollipops which is a nice little sandwich/ice cream shop downtown across from the sports bar. Warden is always fun to talk to over at Koyoty sporting goods store in town, he also does taxidermy if you have a need. JW Hugus is a good place to eat on the river. And be sure to throw in the swim suits for the free hot springs.

I'll second the Hacienda. We stayed there last year and it was plenty nice for us

We camped the first few days in the forest but almost got snowed in. You'll see plenty of antelope

My wife and I stayed at the copper line lodge last fall. Nothing fancy, but it worked for us. It was nice to have a kitchenette.

Those of us who live in SE Wyoming appreciate you coming. You'll definitely have to drive the Snowy Range scenic byway. It's one of the most beautiful roads in the west

There is a new restaurant in town that locals say is good, Firewater Public House. Bella's Bistro is also very well recommended.
Hacienda is where we stay, right next to the grocery store .
Bring those fishing poles and definitely try the free hot spring pool.

Good luck on the hunt, deer?

Betting it's antelope since this is the antelope thread. If you need any advice I hunt that area too.

Rawlins is not too far away and has lots of chain hotels and Walmart and fast food and movie theatre and stuff if that is more appealing to the wife and kids. Laramie in the other direction as well

Hacienda is ok. Same with the Riviera. I prefer the Copper line but no tv and not much for internet access, not entirely bad things.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back