Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Colorado Mountain Goats...poaching.

When I considered the who, it got me to why.

Not an illegal hunter out trophy hunting, head intact, public setting, high chance of getting caught.

I'd think someone with a handgun who was extremely unfamiliar with hunting laws or how things are typically done. Probably didn't think about it much at all. Like kids shoot sparrows with a bb gun or plinking prairie dogs. I hiked a 14er last weekend, probably two thousand people summited also. It felt urban. They bring urban sensibilities with them.

Never seen an aggressive goat, but anything is possible. What I want to know is how nobody witnessed this. I hike into wilderness areas in the middle of the week to fish and its rush hour on every trail. I have yet to find a known trail on the front range that doesn't have a ton of people using it
7 days a week

Never seen an aggressive goat, but anything is possible. What I want to know is how nobody witnessed this. I hike into wilderness areas in the middle of the week to fish and its rush hour on every trail. I have yet to find a known trail on the front range that doesn't have a ton of people using it
7 days a week

They can get ornery. I think a guy was even killed by one in WA a few years ago. Still no excuse for whoever was responsible. Just my opinion but I think posts 2 and 3 paint a pretty good picture. CO is busy everywhere now, even up here in Gunnison/CB. Trying to drive through town is a mad house.

I live 45 minutes west if Denver and it's a circus out here. The crowds of people are bigger and bigger each year. Even with a fire ban for dozens of miles in every direction, you can still hear the handguns being fired every single day. Ignorance is no excuse but it sure seems to run rampant around here!!

while I agree urbanites lack all common sense, poaching and or wanton killing ain't exactly an urban creation.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back