MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

ALT-Facts on Public Lands

From one of Eastern Montana’s WSAs. It also includes a sizable chunk that was recommended for Wilderness.

nbj9Pr9.jpg

As for Daines statement, if hes supportive of following the study recommendations that some areas aren’t worthy of wilderness protections- be consistent. Introduce a bill to release the ones not compatible with wilderness AND to create new wilderness out of ones that were found compatible. Seems like a compromise where not only everybody wins, but things work the way they should.

Spot on!
Daines intent to remove the WSA in it's entirety fails to meet the purpose and conclusion of the study.
At the same time organizations that want it *all to become strictly hoof and foot traffic only also do not meet with the purpose and conclusion of the study.

Adjust as the study presents and move on.

Just to add... By both sides (the organizations and the politicians) creating friction, all this does is create further friction between the foot/hoof and the rest of the outdoor industry sales supported users of our public land.

Ever hear the phrase "divide and conquer"? Sounds like a Lee textbook move. ;)

Last edited:
What a great thread. While we clearly will not agree on everything as a group, I am willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that everyone on this thread has a heart that skips a beat when viewing these amazing shots of America's wilderness. As hunters we surely are the lucky ones.

As for Daines statement, if hes supportive of following the study recommendations that some areas aren’t worthy of wilderness protections- be consistent. Introduce a bill to release the ones not compatible with wilderness AND to create new wilderness out of ones that were found compatible. Seems like a compromise where not only everybody wins, but things work the way they should.

Plenty of groups have reached out to the Senator and offered to help do just what you mentioned.

DSC_0145-01.jpgDSC_0095.jpg
Bitter Creek WSA, Eastern Montana. This place had my heart from the moment I stepped foot in it.

Last edited:
My meat bull that I shot in a Wilderness area in Wyoming. A double whammy, locked out by the Feds and the State with the nonresident guide restriction.

Whoops, I did this DIY with a buddy who happens to be a Wyoming resident and signed up as my resident guide.

2013_Wy_Elk2.jpg

packout_shadow.jpg

To bad my elite friend from Michigan wasn't able to apply for a general elk tag, walk into a southwest MT WSA, and shoot this bull that I called in to him.

Attachments

• IMG_9650.jpg
    IMG_9650.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Bull number two from a WSA. Actually, this bull was bull #1 and Dave Crisp aka "Elkaholic" was the shooter, but I called it in and took the pics so here it is. :) I give up on getting the pics to rotate properly.

Attachments

• IMG_9525.jpg
    IMG_9525.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 275
Wilderness study area 2016. Access is so difficult even my nine and eleven year old boys could make it in there. Definitely elistists.14352356_1287704977928232_2180751596046741630_o.jpg14324520_1287704731261590_1475164472083895463_o.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back