ALT-Facts on Public Lands

Our political D and R system is built extensively on hype. It presents KoolAid served and slurped simply due to political affiliation. It's a pledge of blind Faith... Not even blind... It's a pledge of closed eyes allegiance to the D or R. It's the norm now, not the extreme. Welcome to the world of "throw as much crap as possible, some is bound to stick!"

On a positive note, WOW! Some beauts!!!

I would like to make a calendar of these inaccessible hunts and places where traditions can't be made by friends and families and provide one to Daines though I'm sure the spin will be, "elitists"... Haha!

This nation is crafting it's way towards instant access - everything. Hope to tack a picture here in a week when back home. Work has me away and only limited phone access.

I think Charles is on to something here. With all of the pics that get added to HT every year, we could easily come up with a calendar with collages every month to fit in the most amount of pics in it. This could be awesome!! Have the proceeds go to BHA or something. I'd buy a calendar for everyone I know for Christmas.

I used to be very frustrated at the 5% most extreme on the right and the 5% most extreme on the left, but recently, I am moving my distain to the 30% right of center but reasonable, the 40% left of center but reasonable and the ever shifting 20% "independent" masses who dance to the tune of the extremes and feed them blind support and hundreds of millions of dollars.

The ever shifting 20% ?? eh :W:

I should have probably told one of my best friends he wasn’t supposed to be hunting this buck in a Wilderness Study Area.

w5Igc2A.jpg

From a WSA in Central Wyoming. Thank goodness my field pictures have improved.

5dobzdK.jpg

Last edited:
Try as I might, I didn't come home with my deer tag punched but these two WSAs I hunted in Southern New Mexico were enough to light the public land big game hunting fire within my soul. I guess I didn't receive the memo these lands were off-limits?
GUMO.jpg

BRKOFF.jpg

I didn't want to post of a photo of my face, in fear of repercussions being where I wasn't supposed to be, and stealing a part of nature that is strapped to the pack. If I could only do it over again, I would. Lease private ground, or buy auction tags for 'open public lands' for hunting. Good thing I have OnX this season! No more trespassing on public land for me!

IMG_4893.jpg

Contraband birds are much easier to sneak out when you’re trespassing in a wilderness area.
E50EE1BF-AA15-4262-9BFB-B4EAC4904706.jpg

As for Daines statement, if hes supportive of following the study recommendations that some areas aren’t worthy of wilderness protections- be consistent. Introduce a bill to release the ones not compatible with wilderness AND to create new wilderness out of ones that were found compatible. Seems like a compromise where not only everybody wins, but things work the way they should.

Guess I will be breaking the law again this year when I try to find another bull in a Wilderness Area.

wilderness area.jpg

As for Daines statement, if hes supportive of following the study recommendations that some areas aren’t worthy of wilderness protections- be consistent. Introduce a bill to release the ones not compatible with wilderness AND to create new wilderness out of ones that were found compatible. Seems like a compromise where not only everybody wins, but things work the way they should.

I completely agree. The inaction sword cuts both ways. Also, there are easy compromises to be made where the resource is protected, but certain uses are still allowed. For example, an area I've hunted includes a National Scenic Trail. This prevents motorized use and development, but still allows the use of mountain bikes, which are wildly popular in this area.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing, and if we are truly being honest, we'll start addressing each one of these in individual fashion in order to preserve the uniqueness each offers.

533468_10200634185672423_2055414244_n.jpg

If wilderness areas weren't so accessible, why did I have a group of 15 people I didn't know watching me as I played this 20 in. brown on light tippet and a sz 18 BWO?

544679_10200634185792426_136106283_n.jpg

The next day was just me, the geese, the BWOs and some trout.

554235_10200634186312439_867176851_n.jpg

I completely agree. The inaction sword cuts both ways. Also, there are easy compromises to be made where the resource is protected, but certain uses are still allowed. For example, an area I've hunted includes a National Scenic Trail. This prevents motorized use and development, but still allows the use of mountain bikes, which are wildly popular in this area.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing, and if we are truly being honest, we'll start addressing each one of these in individual fashion in order to preserve the uniqueness each offers.

+1.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back