Yeti GOBOX Collection

ALT-Facts on Public Lands

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
ALT-Facts like this cause me to shake my head. If you are going to hire staffers from the deep South to run your natural resource issues that impact the Northern Rockies, specifically Montana, at least make sure they/their subordinates know what they are talking about when they write a Letter to the Editor.

http://westernwire.net/daines-we-should-unlock-montanas-public-lands-from-being-held-hostage/

What does that mean for us who live in the West? It’s simple. It means that our families cannot enjoy this land. Families can’t mountain bike, hunt, snowmobile or ATV on these lands. Montanans can’t make traditions with their friends and families on these lands – all because D.C. paralysis has frozen public access to them.

While keeping these lands locked halts our way of life, it also stunts the economic growth that many states in the West count on. For example, Montana’s outdoor economy is over seven billion dollars. Countless Montanans depend on this land for their livelihood. Opening up non-wilderness, public lands to activities such as biking, snowmobiling and hunting will continue to drive economic growth in communities across Montana and the West

Someone might want to tell FWP to quit issuing tags for Wilderness Areas and Wilderness Study Areas. Word from DC is that we're not allowed to hunt there.

I would strongly suggest some in the MT delegation put down the Utah Kool-Aid. Last I checked Utah already has two Senators. They don't need a third from the northern Utah colony of Montana.

Free Gerber knife drawn from posts on this thread of animals taken in Wilderness Areas and Wilderness Study Areas. I'll start.

M_Parente_MTMoose_8.jpg

Was surprised to get this wolf.

More surprised to learn that access was unavailable. 8 miles from the trailhead but somehow there we were.

Absaroka Beartooth Wilderness

6582E30F-1326-419E-AE9F-44E56B5C4B11.jpg

Last edited:
I’ll be darned. Another harvest where there wasn’t access. This time 11 miles from the trailhead.

A-B Wilderness

5DF2D63B-0E05-4028-A3D8-76EC10814DD8.jpeg

Last edited:
Damn, Gomer. I might have to send you a knife whether you are the lucky person drawn or not.

One of the many lakes that have trout every cast for those magical enough to get access to the impossible

A-B Wilderness.

C2CA6996-32DB-444D-90CD-F8AFC9B677E8.jpeg

Last edited:
Wilderness in central Idaho. Guess I was in violation of a closure order on hunting there!

RIMG0479.jpg

I didn't bump into Daines while taking my second MT wilderness goat. Maybe he doesn't know he can hunt here as well.
43377911761_e83164a357_c.jpg

No big critters, but here is my at-the-time 4 year old with a brook trout caught on Muskrat Creek, doing what Steve Daines says families can't do, in the BLM's Elkhorn Wilderness Study Area.

Attachments

• ElkhornWSA.JPG
    ElkhornWSA.JPG
    209.5 KB · Views: 652
Last edited:
Cant make traditions in wilderness areas huh Daines?

These guys here didn't get the memo, in fact, they started their tradition 15 years prior to when this wilderness area was designated. They didn't stop their tradition of hunting, packing, and killing elk every year after 1984 either. Fair to note that their tradition of killing elk in this wilderness area hasn't slowed them down much, even though both are in their mid-late 70's.

IMG_4098.JPG

IMG_0819.JPG

IMG_0471.JPG

IMG_0472.JPG

Our political D and R system is built extensively on hype. It presents KoolAid served and slurped simply due to political affiliation. It's a pledge of blind Faith... Not even blind... It's a pledge of closed eyes allegiance to the D or R. It's the norm now, not the extreme. Welcome to the world of "throw as much crap as possible, some is bound to stick!"

On a positive note, WOW! Some beauts!!!

I would like to make a calendar of these inaccessible hunts and places where traditions can't be made by friends and families and provide one to Daines though I'm sure the spin will be, "elitists"... Haha!

This nation is crafting it's way towards instant access - everything. Hope to tack a picture here in a week when back home. Work has me away and only limited phone access.

Our political D and R system is built extensively on hype. It presents KoolAid served and slurped simply due to political affiliation. It's a pledge of blind Faith... Not even blind... It's a pledge of closed eyes allegiance to the D or R. It's the norm now, not the extreme. Welcome to the world of "throw as much crap as possible, some is bound to stick!"

I used to be very frustrated at the 5% most extreme on the right and the 5% most extreme on the left, but recently, I am moving my distain to the 30% right of center but reasonable, the 40% left of center but reasonable and the ever shifting 20% "independent" masses who dance to the tune of the extremes and feed them blind support and hundreds of millions of dollars.

Senator Daines With Jack Jr’s ram on the wall behind him.

Absaroka Beartooth Wilderness

B0C23961-7BA3-4F28-8DFC-FA8159B50FFA.jpeg

From a WSA in ID last year (biggest body I've ever seen on such a young buck:

FB_IMG_1531489963674.jpg

It would have been great to know we couldn't hunt the BWCA Wilderness before my dad and I got this moose 12 portages and 13 miles in. It would have saved us 2 painful days packing and another two holed up in a pup tent waiting out a winter storm halfway back to the truck.

0105.jpg

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back