Kenetreks or Crispis

Has anyone ever had to use the warranty on Kenetrek? I bought them last may and have waxed them several times with the kenetrek wax. I did it again this morning left them on the back porch and now the rubber on the toes is peeling.

How hot was it? The glues used on the rands don’t seem to hold up to heat well, IME. A black rand in 100+ heat is going to get pretty darned hot.

Kenetrek is a good company owned by a great guy, but their boots don’t fit me at all. Never tried Crispi but I’m sure they’re good too if they fit you.
Schnees and La Sportiva have done well for me. Will probably try Scarpa in the future

Last edited:
I never could get the Kenetreks to fit. I have a pointed heel which simply does not fit the shape of the Kenetrek. The back of the heel cavity is flat on Kenetrek boots, and there is a sewed seam right on the heel. Puts all that pressure in one spot and causes a lot of people to not be happy with them.

Go find and old pair of runnign shoes and look at the heel. If yours have a spot worn in the back you may not be able to wear the Kenetreks comfortably.

For some reason my heels prefer a Meindl. I strongly recommend trying boots out to avoid having a $500 pair of boots you hate. I should have sent my Kenetreks back immediately but I convinced my self that they needed many miles of break in.

I'm not buying a boot without trying them on first. Having trouble finding the 2018 Kenetreks in stock anywhere. The Crispi's are in the running also. mtmuley

just got my crispi nevada's insulated in today, hope they feal this good after 12 mile day! I do own other crispis but kennetrek were always to stiff in sole for me. Crispi has a stiffness rating (wait for jokes) on there website. Also i tried on most if not all models of crispis and significant feal difference between their models! Best to buy from blackovis or other place with good customer service as they do wear different. Fyi the nevadas and guide gtx felt and seemed like highest quality and comfort for my feet, good luck...

I'm not buying a boot without trying them on first. Having trouble finding the 2018 Kenetreks in stock anywhere. The Crispi's are in the running also. mtmuley

Order from Black Ovis.

Have both Kenetreks and Crispi’s. Both great boots! However, Crispis flat out comfortable out of the box.

I bought a pair of the Kenetrek Northern pack boots on Amazon. The ones with rubber bottoms that used to state on the manufactures website "100% waterproof". I wore them to work for 2 months to break them in before I wore them for a week in the northern Idaho backcountry. They leaked the first mudpuddle I stepped in so I had soggy feet for a week. They were so soggy they were moldy when I sent them back. They emailed me back and said, "I am sorry that our website is a bit misleading..." They have since modified the wording on the website but I got a screenshot of the original. I love how comfortable and warm the boot was but if it leaks I have no use for it. After shipping them back for repairs they did some sealant and extra wax, etc. at the seams. They still couldn't tell me they are 100% waterproof. Oh well, they might be great for light snow as a backup boot. I think I will try Crispi now.

Has anyone ever had to use the warranty on Kenetrek? I bought them last may and have waxed them several times with the kenetrek wax. I did it again this morning left them on the back porch and now the rubber on the toes is peeling.

just ordered the new mountain guides, i wanted to try a pair of crispi's but I couldn't find the ones i wanted in stock anywhere

I think now must be a bad time to be purchasing high-end boots.. I just back-ordered a pair of Meindls, estimated 4-5 weeks for delivery, which may mean that they're getting broke-in on my Wyoming hunt. I do have another decent pair I can fall back on if need be, but they're insulated with 1200-gram thinsulate, a bit warm for October mountain hunting.

As far as trying stuff on, I'll have to wait until they get to the house and return them if fit is bad, nowhere near me has the boots I'm interested in in-stock. Fortunately I've never really had an issue with fitment on my feet, as long as they're the right size they tend to work for me.

I brought my Crispis home from MT a few weeks ago and took my first hike in them today. I have never had such a good fitting comfortable boot in my life. I bought the Thor GTX's and feel I made the right choice in boots.

Found an as new pair of Mountain Extremes that saved me about 200 bucks. No brainer. mtmuley

Mixed reviews of these boots. So far fit perfect and I'm only 5 miles in to the recommended break in. mtmuley

Back