Caribou Gear

Kenetreks or Crispis

Oneye

I’m going to either buy Kenetreks or Crispis, never owned either. Opinions?

Good question, I'm looking at both. The biggest draw back to buying things online is not being able to try anything on, obviously

You need to try them on. I hate Kenetreks and love Crispi but there are others that are the exact opposite.

Last edited:
Why not both? I have a pair of 400g insulated Kenetreks, and a pair of uninsulated Crispi. Both are great brands and support the content I enjoy, both support causes that I personally hold as important. Brand support doesn't have to be an all or nothing game. Like what was mentioned before, find what fits the best and go from there.

I had the Kenetrek Mountain Extremes NI, and just couldn't get a good fit for my foot, even after breaking them in. I bought a pair of Crispi GTX Hunter, and they are extremely comfortable with no break-in needed. For my fit (or feet), Crispi were the best for me, and they seem to offer just as much support as the Kenetreks. My Guide has Kenetreks (Mountain Extremes) and loves them- He wouldn't try anything else. I got my Crispis through Blackovis.com, and if you are a new customer get 10% off, plus free shipping.

Look on some of Big Fins YouTube programs I believe he has a few on Kenetreks. I also recommend listening to or watching Gritty Bowmen, the latest podcast they meet in Italy at Crispi HQ and talk about them. If you have a store near by go there as others have suggested and try them on. I don't believe you can go wrong with either company unless you buy them before trying them on.

As previous poster said the one that fits your foot best. I have Crispi they are comfortable right out of the box.

Try both on, and buy the one that fits best. Both are good.
This. And only this. If ordering online, just get them from a retailer that will allow a return. Even if it costs you the return shipping, that's cheap compared to sore to bloody feet on a hunt.

Both are great boots. Whichever fits you better.

My Kenetrek Bridger Ridge didn't make it a season before they turned my socks into sponges. I've never been so disappointed in a pair of boots. I understand they may not be made to the same quality as their mountain boots, but that turned me off to the brand and I'll go elsewhere.

EDIT: I didn't want that to sound too negative. I love the boots for light scouting and when I know there will be no precipitation or dew, but I can't trust them then it actually counts. They're extremely comfortable, like an old baseball glove, they just leak like a screen door.

Last edited:
I have 2 pairs of Crispís. They are the best boots I’ve owned. Tried kenetreks in the store and they hurt my feet.

This. And only this. If ordering online, just get them from a retailer that will allow a return. Even if it costs you the return shipping, that's cheap compared to sore to bloody feet on a hunt.

What he said. Amazon is great for returns. Otherwise, I bought my Crispi Briksdahls at Blackovis.com and I'm pretty sure they are great about returns... you kind of have to be as a major online retailer. Also, with so many good footwear options out there, it can be pretty tough to find places that actually stock what you may need specifically.

As far as the Crispi Briksdahls, I am fairly pleased with them so far. Fairly stiff boot that gives a bit of spring in your step (the kind you'd want in the backcountry lol). My foot is also nearly borderline wide and they fit pretty decent. I usually wear an 11.5 shoe and the the boots fit great in 12.

Good question, I'm looking at both. The biggest draw back to buying things online is not being able to try anything on, obviously

Amazon just started "Prime Wardrobe". You order 3-8 items and pay nothing upfront. Keep what you like, and return the rest and they charge you for what you kept. I've got 3 pairs of boots on the way. Kenetrek are available too.

Has anyone ever had to use the warranty on Kenetrek? I bought them last may and have waxed them several times with the kenetrek wax. I did it again this morning left them on the back porch and now the rubber on the toes is peeling.

If buying Kenetrek boots via the company's website be aware that if fit is an issue they will NOT issue a return tag. You will have to pay yourself to return them for another size (an hope the second pair fit). For example, I just bought a pair for 420 Dollars that were shipped to my address in CA. They did not fit. I was told by them via the phone (Spoke to lady named Moira) that I would be out of pocket for return shipping (cost $15.99 from CA to MT). The explanation I was given is that they are a small company.

My experience with boot manufacturers is that they have always provided a return label free of charge. This is the first time I was told I'd have to pay to return boots that did not fit.

They were polite and the boots looked to be well built, but for the price it seems odd that customers would need to pay to exchange/return boots that don't fit.

Back