Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

monsoon rains

wytex

We're finally getting some moisture up here. Rain shower Tuesday in town and on mountains, yesterday big rains in parts of the Snowies and plains to the north.
You all in Colorado getting some scattered rain too?
Hoping this monsoon season hits everyone with some relief.

Now just need the time for everyone to get their hay put up, starting to cut now around here.

Our clan's invading Hinsdale County, Colorado in 2 weeks...looks like the forecasts are getting better. Hopefully the detours will have been lifted.

Started around here. Looking good so far with good forecast.
It has hit the Gila area enough to slow the fires.
Now if it will just hit here hard.....for a while.

Still dry in central Colorado. Got some rain Sunday afternoon. The southeast part of the state is almost sand dunes at this point

Buzzard Fire 100% contained in heavy rain today. Dark clouds,fat rain drops,thunder & lightning finally.....dozens of lightning fires have started,but they have been on top of it here.
I have at least 10 day forecast of 40-80% chance they say. We need it bad.

That sounds great hopefully y'all catch up on moisture levels. Not too much but plenty at the right times

Our turn finally, I have been watching the isolated rains hit the plains in all directions for the last two weeks or so. I have seen them move over the mesa towards us only for the winds to push them just around us within a couple miles. Finally got some, we needed it bad that thunder is glorious.

Our turn finally, I have been watching the isolated rains hit the plains in all directions for the last two weeks or so. I have seen them move over the mesa towards us only for the winds to push them just around us within a couple miles. Finally got some, we needed it bad that thunder is glorious.

It seems I always have an eye on the radar over the plains hoping for good moisture for the quail. Most of this year's precip, unfortunately, was probably too late for the first nest attempts.

Last edited:
I've been seeing chicks for the last 2-3 weeks or so just flushing driving caliche roads. This is the first hatch that I've seen this year. They seem healthy tho probably about 20 to the pair. I have a couple pairs in my yard but I have not seen chicks here. I was gonna go for a walk to the back with my dog but he started pointing and I heard a mess of chirps so I called him back.

Normally have Quail chicks everywhere by now around our property,only 6 chicks to one pair so far,this drought is really messing with breeding season.No rabbits at all and it's middle of July.We raise White Doves and all thier eggs are baking in the nest.Not good for the home team!:cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back