Caribou Gear

Awful tv hunting show

Now, who can argue with that. Authentic frontier gibberish.

I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter

...cracker croaking alliteration.

dad gum it = god damn it
sidewinding = The action of avoiding a promise that has been made beforehand by shifting the conversation topic to something else. To squirm out of a deal.
bushwhacking = to lie in wait", "to ambush", "to assault".
hornswoggling = get the better of (someone) by cheating or deception.
cracker croaker = not entirely sure, but "croaker" can be defined as a person who grumbles or habitually predicts evil.
rouin = ruin
bishen cutter = not even a clue here. Some people have quoted this part very differently, most commonly as "biscuit-cutter"

Last edited:
Its because of crappy hunting shows that I largely turned away from watching Outdoor Channel and the like. Doing so, many years ago, resulted in a sort of Rip Van Winkle awakening for me last fall when I renewed my interest in hunting (hunted since about 1985 and dabbled in it from about 2003 on but never stayed really serious about it due to kids' sports, job issues and other priorities)

I can't begin to tell you how Fresh Tracks, Meateater and BRO's "Land of the Free" series has changed, in a positive way, my attitude and enthusiasm about hunting.

I learned about Hunt Talk and Fresh Tracks when I was searching for information on how to field dress critters leading up to my antelope hunt last year. It had been many, many years since I'd shot anything and field dressed it and I wanted to refresh my memory on how to do it.

Finding Randy's videos and seeing him with the MR meat-hauling backpack, which I didn't know existed, and the trekking poles, which screamed out to me since I'm over 50 and find tight contour lines to be more and more challenging, and his attitude of "you'll run out of health before you run out of money" changed my attitude from a "damn how am I ever going to get that critter back to the truck" to " I can't freaking wait to get up in the morning and go to the gym, can't wait for the next day in the field scouting, and can't wait until Aug 30th when hunting season opens". "Empowered" is the word I think fits the best to describe where I'm at now.

I really really appreciate Randy's, Steve's and the BRO's efforts in showing guys like me new (to me at least) ways to accomplish the goal of filling tags and freezers. And even though he doesn't have a show that I know of, Corey Jacobson deserves special mention for his Elk 101 program, IG Feed, and his appearances in on other's shows.

I'll add the podcasts that these guys do to the list too......like listening to a book-on-tape while at the gym or driving long-distance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back