Awful tv hunting show

I've ran after things before after I've placed one shot then ran a short ways to get a clear follow up shot and will continue to do so, I don't see this as unsafe but rather the ethical thing to do. people trip and fall walking plenty with a gun, so maybe we should all just crawl..

That was kind of dickish, don't you think? He has a different opinion about something. This is a free country and that is allowed. You seem like you're mocking him for his different opinion. His opinion may not be a popular one, but it's still his and he had the balls enough to voice it, knowing what sort of backlash there could be. That takes balls as far as I'm concerned.

I've ran after things before after I've placed one shot then ran a short ways to get a clear follow up shot and will continue to do so, I don't see this as unsafe but rather the ethical thing to do. people trip and fall walking plenty with a gun, so maybe we should all just crawl..

Ha, its all good...I have been known to run with scissors...lol

No one is perfect, but Gold Fever was pretty damn close. I haven’t live in a house with a tv in 25 years but I still remember coming home during college and my retired father would be watching Gold Fever at about 110 decibels at midnight waiting up to talk to me. That and the Red Green show, reality TV before there was reality TV.

Legacy of a WT hunter on netflix is pretty good:p oh wait, it's not real is it? :)

They all have bad about them. Poor shot placement, poor hunter ethics, hunter doing things they were taught not too in hunters education...etc.etc.etc. Hush, Fresh Track, Pigman...etc.etc.etc....They all have issues. I have pretty much stopped watching anything unless I'm bored. Randy is at least entertaining.

All shows have problems, all people have problems, we all make mistakes, but I don't think it is fair, accurate or helpful to lump small-ish mistakes by a respectful show like FT in with the shit-storms that pass for so many outdoors shows - the shows that were the original focus of this thread.

FWIW: I have seen in a turkey hunting environment that the hunter will make a shot then either speed walk or jog to the bird...have even heard that with turkeys sometimes you do have to get on them quick if a second shot is required.

And for those asking about the Hush New Zealand rodeo, simply put they hunted chamois (if I remember correctly) from a helicopter and would chase them until they could drop the chopper hop out and shoot. The video was up on Youtube, but quickly got pulled, and there was another thread here on HT that had a copy of the video posted in it. Wasn't a great look for the Hush guys.

Typical hush video: 90% of the show is just them pointing the camera at their face and talking about how honored they are to get the opportunity, how stoked they are, how hard it's going to be etc. Then they miss a couple of times. Then they cry. End of video.

All shows have problems, all people have problems, we all make mistakes, but I don't think it is fair, accurate or helpful to lump small-ish mistakes by a respectful show like FT in with the shit-storms that pass for so many outdoors shows - the shows that were the original focus of this thread.

If you read the rest of the posts, many people mention many tv shows, I was not the first to point out mistakes from other TV shows, internet or TV. Bad show is bad show whether it's one from the original post or other posts. Big / small mistake is in the eye of the beholder, but thank you for your reply. I respect your opinion just like anyone else's.

Can you tell us what show was the original focus of the thread...I keep re-reading it, but the OP never named a show

Can you tell us what show was the original focus of the thread...I keep re-reading it, but the OP never named a show

Good clarification - never named, but well described - and described in a way that makes listing it along with HT not very helpful in my view. But we can agree t disagree.

Typical hush video: 90% of the show is just them pointing the camera at their face and talking about how honored they are to get the opportunity, how stoked they are, how hard it's going to be etc. Then they miss a couple of times. Then they cry. End of video.

LMAO, that's really funny. :D

I still like the show though. The only thing I don't get is the Mtn Ops BS.

I may be an ass, probably am. Think complaining about a Hunt Talk video on the Hunt Talk forum is classless!

Just saw and lol'd at that. I still like the Hushin videos but that description is incredibly accurate.

I may be an ass, probably am. Think complaining about a Hunt Talk video on the Hunt Talk forum is classless!

Wait...so it's classy to come on a forum and slam other videos/tv shows, but you have to exclude the ones of the forum you are on? Right...yeah, that makes sense. I'm here to treat people equal, someone asked me to expand on FT because I mentioned them, I did that and now you think I'm classless, well tough, I provided what was asked for just like others on this thread did. Seriously...get over yourself, class has zero to do with it. I'm done with defending myself on this thread, all hunting shows have issues, you can all discuss it more without this "classless" member I guess.

Wait...so it's classy to come on a forum and slam other videos/tv shows, but you have to exclude the ones of the forum you are on? Right...yeah, that makes sense. I'm here to treat people equal, someone asked me to expand on FT because I mentioned them, I did that and now you think I'm classless, well tough, I provided what was asked for just like others on this thread did. Seriously...get over yourself, class has zero to do with it. I'm done with defending myself on this thread, all hunting shows have issues, you can all discuss it more without this "classless" member I guess.

Just curious if you're going to throw your sucker in the dirt, hold your breath, or stomp your feet for an encore?

You could have made the decision to just not respond to the thread...ever consider that option? You condemn others for their opinions...about your opinions, if you don't like it, keep them to yourself or man up and take your lumps. Sword cuts both ways...

I don't think I have watched any hunting show on either of the 2 outdoors channels I have since I 1st got tv.
I watch most of BF's stuff,Meateater, & a few other podcasts I follow.
I can only take so many ads & behavior I do not do not condone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back