Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default WY Leftover Results

...come out tomorrow at 10am. Heres to hoping for second chances.
    "There are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm." ~TR

"He was a mighty hunter before the Lord." ~Genesis 10:9

It feels like it's been such a long wait after just missing out on my first choice tag. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

Swing and miss again, guess no pronghorn this year and I know better to take a guaranteed doe tag next year.

I'm showing successful, though I haven't been charged for a stamp yet.

Boy there sure aren't many antelope tags left. I see prices on the doe tags likely being increased next year due to the high demand. They'd be crazy not to increase the price a significant amount. Probably will be only for non residents though, as usual.

Blog Entries

Nada. Still have MT though...
    "There are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm." ~TR

"He was a mighty hunter before the Lord." ~Genesis 10:9

No luck here.

Didn’t draw either of my leftover choices. But sense I already drew a type 1 tag and a type 6 tag I won’t cry to much about it.

Struck out on the leftover draw.

The WY safari begin Nov 5. Deer and pronghorn. All 2nd choices and leftovers. All tags within two hours driving. Probably sleep in a motel most nights. Warm food likely each evening. Decent harvest rates for mature though mostly average critters. Makes my heart go pitter patter.

11. Default

I'm in. Our party got a leftover buck and doe tag. Looking forward to the adventure. Now time to do some mapping and scouting!

Quote Originally Posted by LopeHunter View Post
    The WY safari begin Nov 5. Deer and pronghorn. All 2nd choices and leftovers. All tags within two hours driving. Probably sleep in a motel most nights. Warm food likely each evening. Decent harvest rates for mature though mostly average critters. Makes my heart go pitter patter.
    Good luck! Hopefully most or at least some of the bucks haven't shed by then.

Got a leftover buck tag for 16

14. Default

I got a leftover buck tag for 24

Quote Originally Posted by Washington Hunter View Post
    Boy there sure aren't many antelope tags left. I see prices on the doe tags likely being increased next year due to the high demand. They'd be crazy not to increase the price a significant amount. Probably will be only for non residents though, as usual.
    That's not possible, as the Legislature sets the prices, not the G&F. It takes time for a Bill to be introduced and then it gets sent to a Committee for hearings and then possibly to the entire Legislature for a vote IF it even makes it out of the Committee hearings. The earliest a Bill could be introduced would be next years session and even if a rate increase was approved it wouldn't go in effect until the 2020 season application period at the earliest.

16. Default

My wife and I both drew our first leftover tags...ONXMAPS don't fail me!!-lots of private to contend with!

Our bunch got two more for tags in 16. Seems like not much is available other than the "poor access" units.

Gots me a cow tag. First elk hunt, can't wait!

19. Default

I lucked out and drew five lope tags all together. Will be solo hunting in a tough area but it can pay off with a little sweat equity.

I understand that remaining tags will go on sale Monday, first come first served, but I can't find which units have which tags or where the Monday sale will be. (I searched the WY site, but failed to find) Anybody got a link?
    "Freedom is NOT Free"

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/QuotaAvailabili...nCriteria.aspx
    I think that will take you to the link showing tags available

Quote Originally Posted by Flatrock View Post
    Good luck! Hopefully most or at least some of the bucks haven't shed by then.
    Good point. The deer tag is good through Nov 10. I am sure some of the pronghorn bucks will have shaken off their horns off by Nov 11. I am happy with a shot on a mature buck so just need a few bucks with horns running around but do need a couple with horns in both GMUs. I may need to shift the pronghorn hunt to last few days of October then start the buck hunt Nov 1. Probably some bucks hornless then but most should be okay. Appreciate the head's up!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric.MN View Post
    https://wgfd.wyo.gov/QuotaAvailabili...nCriteria.aspx
    I think that will take you to the link showing tags available
    Thanks
    "Freedom is NOT Free"

NOT antelope, however, I did draw two left over whitetail doe tags. Hopefully I will get to try out my crossbow.

good luck to all
    the dog
    "it's the HUNT, not the KILL"

To lopehunter- last year on a Wyoming deer/Antelope hunt a buddy had a Antelope buck tag good into November. W got to our unit nov 11th, and all the bucks we saw had the sheeths shed except for one decent buck that had one side still on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast