Colorado Shooting Range Advice/Opinions?

rideold

I've been looking at either Colorado Rifle Club or Lead Valley Range. Does anyone have experience/opinions about one vs the other. They are both a good distance (hour and a half or more) from my house but finding a range that is not too expensive and has memberships open is a challenge here from what I can tell. I wanted to find an open air facility rather than an indoor. There are a couple of spots in the national forest that I can go to but I'd like to start regularly shooting out to 300+ yards. The couple of places on public lands I know about aren't expansive enough to do that safely. Figure if I don't join up somewhere I'll never get to practice enough.

2nd vote for Cheyenne. I make the drive from Denver and it's 100% worth it. Great setup, great RSOs. Only problem is you have to deal with weenie air force guys from time to time ;)

If you're too far north, Pawnee grasslands has spots we use that you could safely shoot 2000+yds if you wanted to

The Colorado Rifle Club is the best shooting facility in the metro area. I was a member for 6 years but kids and work have taken over my shooting time. Good facility, good GUN SAFETY, fun work days. I'd highly recommend it. Sitting in the bunker at the end of the 1000yd range is an experience!

The Colorado Rifle Club is the best shooting facility in the metro area. I was a member for 6 years but kids and work have taken over my shooting time. Good facility, good GUN SAFETY, fun work days. I'd highly recommend it. Sitting in the bunker at the end of the 1000yd range is an experience!

Wow. Is it for members only? What's the wait period to get in?

Thanks all. I kind of forgot about the Baker Draw range. It's about the same drive time as Colorado Rifle Club. I'm headed to the grasslands with an antelope tag in October so I'll have to check Baker Draw out when I go scout next month.

Thanks all. I kind of forgot about the Baker Draw range. It's about the same drive time as Colorado Rifle Club. I'm headed to the grasslands with an antelope tag in October so I'll have to check Baker Draw out when I go scout next month.

What unit?

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back