Gofundme to Skew Grizzly Drawings

Is Mangelsen an anti-hunter or just against the grizzly season?

Too lazy to look back, but IIRC, there was discussion about folks applying for deer and pronghorn doe tags in R7 with no intention to fill them due to what they felt as over harvest of these critters.

I am not too passionate one way or the other. Hate the game, not the player.

Imagine what the world would be like if they put this amount of effort towards something worthwhile... Imagine the possibilities!!!!

I wonder how quickly the state of Wyoming will have a suit filed against them when someone gets mauled by a bear while taking pictures...

Why would they have any liability? They aren't liable if I get bitten by a snake while hunting antelope.

If I was on the list I'd want everybody in front of me to be in the photography group, all they can do is use their 10 days. Somebody shoots a Sow and nobody else hunts.

i will be curious to see if these activists really did draw a tag or not.

Wyoming Game & Fish sure isn't going to release a name of each applicant that stands to realistically get a tag

and if I had the real #8 tag I don't think I would be publicly calling the guy out on it as then they will harass the heck out of that person

If I remember right, in the article it said number 2 was considering joining the cause. So that meant they were originally going to hunt. Now, hoping those folks don't pay too much attention to this thread, what if they got together and decided to sacrifice one to save the many? If the number 2 person went out and shot a sow that would end it and NO others would be killed. End of hunt. Pretty scary if you think about it. Of course, that would mean next year would have more permits I suppose.

If a hunter chooses not to fill or fails to fill a tag will they contact the next person in line?

Let's not give them any attention. The less people hear about this, the better. If this becomes a trend the WGFD will simply create more tags so they can't really do anything in the long run. Don't breathe any air into this fools errand. I just wish they would work and donate to protect habitat instead of wasting time on a pointless effort.

I wish it was a requirement for all nature photographers and bird watchers to buy a license/stamp/permit. I brought that up with my local vegan restaurant owning friends and they said it was a great idea, then never did it. Instead they donate money to plant trees in the Amazon.

If I was on the list I'd want everybody in front of me to be in the photography group, all they can do is use their 10 days. Somebody shoots a Sow and nobody else hunts.

If someone killed a sow with a vehicle then nobody else would hunt either, is that correct?

I actually read a lot of the comments from some of these people, and noticed that several of them aren't limiting their efforts to this hunt. I guess that I'm naive in thinking that all applicants for every hunt have somewhat genuine motives; but can anyone speak to the prevalence of this in other hunts that require applications/draw?

I used to console myself when I didn't draw by reminding myself that another anxious hunter was getting a chance to hunt, no matter how much they deserved it or not. But, for someone to waste a tag like this almost equates to poaching or wasting meat. i.e. - it's still a huge waste of resources; just of a different variety.

But, for someone to waste a tag like this almost equates to poaching or wasting meat. i.e. - it's still a huge waste of resources; just of a different variety.

I guess I struggle with this statement. How is this any different than someone purchasing a tag and never punching it? There is certainly nothing illegal about going through the draw system, paying the appropriate fees, and simply not harvesting. I think it's just their stated intent that might be the sticking point.

If someone killed a sow with a vehicle then nobody else would hunt either, is that correct?

No, hunting mortality limits are derived from the previous years mortality and population.

Bears hit on the road this year would be used when calculating next years quota.

I guess I struggle with this statement. How is this any different than someone purchasing a tag and never punching it? There is certainly nothing illegal about going through the draw system, paying the appropriate fees, and simply not harvesting. I think it's just their stated intent that might be the sticking point.

Also there are folks on here who have professed to applying for doe tags with no intentions on killing a doe because of perceived mismanagement by game agencies. Not much different really.

Also there are folks on here who have professed to applying for doe tags with no intentions on killing a doe because of perceived mismanagement by game agencies. Not much different really.

I understand what you and MN_Bowhunter are saying. It's the malicious spite that some of these people have that bothers me.

In my opinion, large quantities of tags that go unused could make it tough for Fish and Wildlife to manage populations and number of tags released.
One year where the tags go largely unused, could be followed by an increase in population the following year. Upon seeing the increase population numbers, Fish and Wildlife may release more tags in a effort to get the population back to the target pop. Which could eventually create a drop in population once tags start going back into the hands of people who harvest with them.

Could be a viscous circle, made up of three groups of people who are all trying to do whats best for animals/conservation in their opinion.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back