Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wyoming super tag

The supertag is a scam, win the right to buy a expensive tag to hunt during open seasons... how about calander year and provide tag at no fee, that would be super!

The supertag is a scam, win the right to buy a expensive tag to hunt during open seasons... how about calander year and provide tag at no fee, that would be super!

I wouldn't call it a scam, but it reduces my enthusiasm when it grants after the main license draws. Some of us have limited time to get out west and have already bought expensive tags and booked trips for this fall by the time this unicorn tag is pulled - WY needs to allow you to defer to the next season to make this useful to many of us.

I think of it more as a donation to Wyoming then a real shot at a tag. It is nice to dream though.

The reason it is after the draw is to get folks that didn't draw to buy a chance. Ask the guys who won in the past if they think it's a scam.

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but is that how it works? I've always wondered if you won did you win the tag or the right to buy the tag?

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but is that how it works? I've always wondered if you won did you win the tag or the right to buy the tag?
That is how it works in WY. In Colorado you don’t have to pay for the license if you win a raffle.

You win the tag which is a pretty good cost saving in itself. I'll still throw my dollars at this year. Its a dream like powerball.

If you win the super tag drawing you still have to buy the tag (so yeah, you win the right to buy the tag).

Some people would be still be unhappy if they pooped gold bars instead of diamonds...

I generally agree, but isn't it curious that the guys that buy the Governors tags have their license fees paid by an appropriation from the State Legislature...

Seems backward to me, some average guy wins the super tag, you pay for the license.

Some rich dude buys a Governors tag for 110,000 and the State pays their license fees.

I generally agree, but isn't it curious that the guys that buy the Governors tags have their license fees paid by an appropriation from the State Legislature...

Seems backward to me, some average guy wins the super tag, you pay for the license.

Some rich dude buys a Governors tag for 110,000 and the State pays their license fees.

I agree with you. I’m sure there’s a lot more admin costs with the supertag. The auction tag is probably a lot costs to process. Not justifying it, hell Im just happy to have a shot at one....

I’ve always kinda felt like WY had the least appealing “super tag” of all the states, or at the very least the smallest bag for your buck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back