7E8AB841-0C20-40F7-B0ED-B7C2958B8FFF.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 299
  • C4E6B46F-2B79-408B-A656-692AC1ACD017.jpg
    C4E6B46F-2B79-408B-A656-692AC1ACD017.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 304
  • 7611CB6E-A49F-4A2A-84E0-FDC649E90776.jpg
    7611CB6E-A49F-4A2A-84E0-FDC649E90776.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 301
Funny. So some of you, if you were a rancher in eastern Oregon, you're saying you'd have no use for a gun and no desire to have one? That's crazy talk. I bet there's not one rancher in eastern Oregon who doesn't own a gun.

It's not about what a person wants, or about what a person needs, (and it's sure not about what somebody else has - as I tell my teenagers on a regular basis) it's about consequences for a pattern of ass-hatterry that results in a serious felony conviction. I fully support all law abiding (not violence threatening) ranchers in eastern Oregon having all the guns they want. But, I also fully support the loss of 2nd amendment rights for lawfully convicted felons - which unfortunately these jerks no longer are.

Wasn’t Trump supposed to be all about “the rule of law?” Funny how one can pick and choose what that means...

I thought I heard Trump say last night that we needed a judge who will uphold the law without political influences. Apparently he can decide what laws aren’t important if it meets it political agenda. Grandpa always said never trust a smooth talker and let their actions do the speaking for them.

Guess this means all my years of being a law abiding citizen was a joke.
Guess I'll just do what I want from now on. What's a law? Rule?
I have a ranch so that makes everything okie-dokie...former LEO,so I can really go off.

Off topic, but how do 2 guys kill 7 deer at once? I imagine this was a group feeding on ag land near a road since there were witnesses. Still, first shots they kill 2. Then to pick off 5 (FIVE!) more that are running in every direction several hundred yards away at this point? Just think about magazine well capacity on a standard rifle. Were they shooting AR 10s with extended mags? Somethings not adding up.

I have a ranch so that makes everything okie-dokie...former LEO,so I can really go off.

I don't see why you even need to have a ranch. You should be able to do anything you want on any public property - apparently. Anyone, any time, any place public.

What a messed up world this place is becoming.

Off topic as a current LEO - reminds me of the criminal codes related to illegally entering our country...
On topic - very fitting from a frustrated pov over pardoning these nutballs.

Yes it is a messed up world but at least with Trump it's getting better instead of worse.

We will have to disagree about that. It's getting more messed up, more faster, more worser (see I can talk like Trump too). And public hunting lands will be a big part of the messed up parts that are important to me. Clean water will be another. Clean air a third. And the list goes on.

I couldn't disagree more. Just imagine how bad it would be if Hillary Clinton were president. Trump has been doing everything possible to improve the United States. Hillary would have only done what would have made her richer.

Last edited:
I couldn't disagree more. Just imagine how bad it would be if Hillary Clinton were president. Trump has been doing everything possible to improve the United States. Hillary would have only done what would have made her richer.

He has failed every time. Every single time.

Remember this in 10 yrs when you look at what will happen to public land, health, and common resources (air and water, among others). No, Hillary would not have been worse, though I will agree that Hillary sucks, just not nearly as a bad as this.

If I recall, that particular portion of the testimony was from an former employee of the Hammods that turned to state's evidence. Obviously, the jury believed that account of what happened. Of course, I would think that a couple of skilled shooters with lever guns or even semis would not have much issue with putting down 5 if it was coordinated. Let's face it, this wasn't ethical hunting in the first place so one shot kills wouldn't have been high on the list for them.

Honestly the smartest things the anti public lands group did was make this a political issue. They realized how polarizing politics are and they know that if they can get one of the parties to adopt their agenda then right off the top they get half the people to support, it just because. I see it in the threads all the time. Everyone retreats to there I disagree with you on this therefore I disagree with you on everything you simpleton. Or my favorite, as this post has shown, is that somehow an issue with pardoning two anti public land nimrods turned into an issue of gun rights which led to hilary vs trump??? Lets stay focused to the main point of this. This was a chitty move for public lands. Regardless if your a D or an R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back