Redfield Optics Defunct?

smarandr

About ten years ago I bought some Redfield Rebel binos and for the most part have been happy with them understanding that they're nice entry level glass. These day's I've been considering upgrading and went to the Redfield website to get the specs on them so I can compare with other binos I'm considering buying. What I found was basically a customer support page like they've quit making product, but they're still supporting what's out there. Does anyone know what's going on with them? I'd like them to stick around because my kids are getting to the age of passing hunters ed and will be needing binos and, like I said, I think they make great entry level glass.

Leupold recently quit making the VX-1, VX-2, and Rifleman rifle scopes, maybe they also quit making the Redfield products. The VX-Freedom scope is the replacement. I wouldn't be surprised if it's also replacing the Redfield Revolution and Revenge.

About ten years ago I bought some Redfield Rebel binos and for the most part have been happy with them understanding that they're nice entry level glass. These day's I've been considering upgrading and went to the Redfield website to get the specs on them so I can compare with other binos I'm considering buying. What I found was basically a customer support page like they've quit making product, but they're still supporting what's out there. Does anyone know what's going on with them? I'd like them to stick around because my kids are getting to the age of passing hunters ed and will be needing binos and, like I said, I think they make great entry level glass.

Leupold purchased Redfield a few years ago, and offering Redfield products many with the lifetime warranty like a Leopold product. Their latest outline product catalog is dated "2015", so it doesn't look like they are doing any new product development. They do list this number online 877-798-9686... ring'em up.

Be Safe,

Back