Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

First Time Antelope Hunter - WY GMU 72

Anyone hunted it before and have any tips? I will be rifle hunting with my .30-06 and think I will head up for a first attempt in the 3rd week of September. I have a doe/fawn tag, rather than a buck tag.

That’s just out my back step and where I first hunted antelope. As long as you have a gps to know you’re on public, you’ll have a great time. Should be no trouble finding animals.

Gmu 72

That’s just out my back step and where I first hunted antelope. As long as you have a gps to know you’re on public, you’ll have a great time. Should be no trouble finding animals.

I saw there is a ton of public around. I have OnX and Backcountry Navigator to ensure I stay where I need to be. Very excited for September.

Tip: dont over-think things, and just enjoy the trip. I had a buck tag there once and the hardest part was staying off the trigger. I planned a 5 day trip and was done in 4 hours. Cant imagine a doe hunt taking more than an hour, lol!

I have a doe/fawn tag for 72 as well. I'm trying to figure out how to get to walk in area 10....I don't see a public road touching any of the area and nothing on the map indicating a parking area, or entry area.

I've hunted areas near 72 in the past and like others have said, it shouldn't be hard to find a doe. I'm sure you'll have a fun hunt.

You won't need a 2nd attempt. I think you'll probably have to try hard to not be tagged out in an hour or two. Have fun!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back